Mulan: I should never have left home.
Mushu:Hey, come on. You went to save your father’s life. Who knew you’d end up shamin’ him and disgracing1 your ancestors losing all your friends? You know you just gotta learn to let these things go.
Mulan: Maybe I didn’t go for my father. Maybe what I really wanted was to prove I could do things right. So when I looked in the mirror, I’d see someone worthwhile. But I was wrong. I see nothing.
Mushu:Now, that’s just ’cause this needs a little spit, that’s all. Let me shine this up for ya. I can see you. Look at you. You look so pretty. The truth is, we’re both frauds2. Your ancestors never sent me. They don’t even like me. I mean, you risked your life to help people you love. I risked your life to help myself. At least you had good intentions.
Mushu:What? What do you mean, “You’re not lucky”? You lied to me? And what are you, a sheep?
Mulan: I have to face my father sooner or later. Let’s go home.
1) You ended up shaming your father. 你最后让父亲蒙羞。
2) Maybe I didn’t go for my father. 可能我来不是为了父亲。
3) I’d see someone worthwhile. 我会看到一个有用的人。
4) Let me shine this up for you. 让我帮你把它擦亮。
5) We’re both frauds. 我们都是骗子。
6) At least you had good intentions. 至少你的动机是好的。
|欺诈( fraud的名词复数 )； 骗子； 伪劣品； 冒牌货|