搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"Yes," I answered, laughing.
"对,"我回答道,不禁笑了。
"It was a singular document. Philosophy, astronomy, and politics were marked at zero, I remember.
"那是一张怪有趣的记录表。我记得:哲学、天文学、政治学,打了零分;
Botany variable, geology profound as regards the mud-stains from any region within fifty miles of town,
植物学,说不准;地质学,就伦敦五十英里以内任何地区的泥迹而言,算得造诣很深;
chemistry eccentric, anatomy1 unsystematic, sensational2 literature and crime records unique,
化学,很独特;解剖学,没有系统;关于惊险文学和罪行记录是无与伦比的;
violin-player, boxer3, swordsman, lawyer, and self-poisoner by cocaine4 and tobacco.
是小提琴音乐家、拳击手、剑术运动员、律师;是服用可卡因和吸烟的自我毒害者。
Those, I think, were the main points of my analysis."
我想,那些都是我分析的要点。"
Holmes grinned at the last item. "Well," he said, "I say now, as I said then,
福尔摩斯听到最后一项,嘻嘻地笑了。"嗯,"他说,"就象我过去说的一样,我现在还是要说:
that a man should keep his little brain-attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use,
一个人应当给他自己头脑的小小阁楼里装满他可能需要使用的一切。
and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library, where he can get it if he wants it.
其余的东西可以放到他的藏书室里去,需要的时候,随时取用即可。
Now, for such a case as the one which has been submitted to us to-night,
现在,为了今晚我们接受的这样一桩案件,
we need certainly to muster5 all our resources.
我们肯定需要把我们所有的资料都集中起来。
Kindly6 hand me down the letter K of the American Encyclopaedia7 which stands upon the shelf beside you.
劳驾把你身边书架上的美国百科全书里K字部的那一册递给我。
Thank you. Now let us consider the situation and see what may be deduced from it.
谢谢你!让我们考虑一下形势,看看从中可能作出什么样的推论。
本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。