在线英语听力室

五个桔核 26奥彭肖的死讯(1)

时间:2021-09-30 06:52:36

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

It had cleared in the morning,

清晨,天已放晴,

and the sun was shining with a subdued1 brightness through the dim veil which hangs over the great city.

太阳透过笼罩在这伟大城市上空的朦胧云雾闪耀着柔和的光芒。

Sherlock Holmes was already at breakfast when I came down.

我下楼时,福尔摩斯已经在吃早餐了。

"You will excuse me for not waiting for you," said he;

"你会原谅我没有等你吧,"他说,

"I have, I foresee, a very busy day before me in looking into this case of young Openshaw's."

"我估计,我将要为小奥彭肖的案子忙碌一整天。"

"What steps will you take?" I asked.

"你准备采取什么措施?"我问道。

"It will very much depend upon the results of my first inquiries2. I may have to go down to Horsham, after all."

"这在很大程度上取决于我初步调查的结果了。总之,我也许不得不去霍尔舍姆一趟。"

"You will not go there first?"

"你不先去那里吗?"

"No, I shall commence with the City. Just ring the bell and the maid will bring up your coffee."

"不,我得从城里开始,只要拉拉铃,女佣人就会给你端杯咖啡来的。"

As I waited, I lifted the unopened newspaper from the table and glanced my eye over it.

我在等待咖啡的时候,拿起了桌上还没有打开的报纸浏览了一下。

It rested upon a heading which sent a chill to my heart.

我的目光停在一个标题上,心里打了一个冷战。

"Holmes," I cried, "you are too late."

"福尔摩斯,"我叫了起来,"你晚了!"

"Ah!" said he, laying down his cup, "I feared as much. How was it done?"

"啊!"他放下了杯子答道,"我担心的正是这样。这是怎么搞的?"

He spoke3 calmly, but I could see that he was deeply moved.

显然他说的时候很平静,但我已看出他内心很激动。


分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/?aid=534859&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='534859' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。