在线英语听力室

蓝宝石案 23追踪大鹅的来历(3)

时间:2021-10-21 08:54:35

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

We passed across Holborn, down Endell Street, and so through a zigzag1 of slums to Covent Garden Market.

我们穿过霍尔伯恩街,折入恩德尔街,接着又走过道路曲折的平民区来到了考文特园市场。

One of the largest stalls bore the name of Breckinridge upon it,

在一些大货摊中有一个货摊的招牌上写着布莱肯里奇的名字,

and the proprietor2, a horsy-looking man, with a sharp face and trim side-whiskers, was helping3 a boy to put up the shutters4.

店主是个长脸的人,脸部瘦削,留着整齐的络腮胡子,这时候,他正在帮着一个小伙计收摊。

"Good-evening. It's a cold night," said Holmes.

"晚安,多么冷的夜晚哪!"福尔摩斯说。

The salesman nodded and shot a questioning glance at my companion.

店主人点了点头,用怀疑的眼光打量了一下我的同伴。

"Sold out of geese, I see," continued Holmes, pointing at the bare slabs5 of marble.

"看光景鹅都卖完了。"福尔摩斯手指着空荡荡的大理石柜台接着说。

"Let you have five hundred to-morrow morning." "That's no good."

"明天早晨,我可以卖给你五百只鹅。" "那没有用。"

"Well, there are some on the stall with the gas-flare."

"好吧,煤气灯亮着的那个货摊上还有几只。"

"Ah, but I was recommended to you." "Who by?"

"噢,可是我是人家介绍到你这儿来的。""谁介绍的?"

"The landlord of the Alpha." "Oh, yes; I sent him a couple of dozen."

"阿尔法酒店的老板。""噢,是的;我给他送去了二十四只。"

"Fine birds they were, too. Now where did you get them from?"

"那些鹅可真是不错啊。那么,你是从哪儿弄来的呢?"

To my surprise the question provoked a burst of anger from the salesman.

使我感到吃惊的是这个问题竟然惹得店主勃然大怒。


分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/?aid=535668&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='535668' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。