在线英语听力室

工程师大拇指案 05奇怪的病人(5)

时间:2021-11-04 08:22:01

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

He unwound the handkerchief and held out his hand.

他解开手帕,将手伸了出来。

It gave even my hardened nerves a shudder1 to look at it.

这场面就是铁石心肠的人也会目不忍睹的!

There were four protruding2 fingers and a horrid3 red, spongy surface where the thumb should have been.

只见四根突出的手指和一片鲜红可怕的海绵状断面,这里本来该是大拇指的部位。

It had been hacked4 or torn right out from the roots.

大拇指已被迫根剁掉或硬拽下来了。

"Good heavens!" I cried, "this is a terrible injury. It must have bled considerably5."

"天哪!"我喊着,"多么可怕的创伤,一定流了不少血。"

"Yes, it did. I fainted when it was done, and I think that I must have been senseless for a long time.

"是的,流了不少血。受伤后我昏迷过去,我相信我一定有很长一段时间失去了知觉。

When I came to I found that it was still bleeding,

等我苏醒过来时,我发现它还在流血,

so I tied one end of my handkerchief very tightly round the wrist and braced6 it up with a twig7."

于是我把手帕的一端紧紧地缠在手腕上,并用一根小树枝把它绷紧。"

"Excellent! You should have been a surgeon."

"包扎得好极了!您本应该当一名外科医生才对!"

"It is a question of hydraulics, you see, and came within my own province."

"您瞧,这是一项水利学问题,属于我自己的专业知识范围之内的。"

"This has been done," said I, examining the wound, "by a very heavy and sharp instrument."

"这是用一件非常沉重、锋利的器具砍的。"我边检查伤口边说道。

"A thing like a cleaver," said he.

"像是用屠夫的切肉刀砍的。"他说。

"An accident, I presume?" "By no means."

"我想,这是意外事故,对吗?""决不是。"

"What! a murderous attack?" "Very murderous indeed." "You horrify8 me."

"什么?是有人蓄意凶残地砍的吗?""嗯,确实极其凶残。""真吓人。"


分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/?aid=536489&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='536489' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。