在线英语听力室

工程师大拇指案 14向福尔摩斯叙述故事(8)

时间:2021-11-12 05:56:52

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

'I quite follow you,' said I.

'我听得很明白,'我说。

'The only point which I could not quite understand was what use you could make of a hydraulic1 press in excavating2 fuller's-earth,

'唯一不太明白的一点是,水压机对你挖漂白土有什么用处?

which, as I understand, is dug out like gravel3 from a pit.'

据我所知,漂白土是象从矿坑里掏沙砾那样挖出来的。'

'Ah!' said he carelessly, 'we have our own process.

'啊,'他不在意地说,'我们有我们自己的方法。

We compress the earth into bricks, so as to remove them without revealing what they are.

我们把土碾压成砖坯,以便在搬运的时候不致于泄露它们是什么东西。

But that is a mere4 detail. I have taken you fully5 into my confidence now, Mr. Hatherley,

但那只不过是一些细节。现在我已经向您透露了全部秘密,哈瑟利先生,

and I have shown you how I trust you.' He rose as he spoke6.

并且向您表示了我是多么信任您。'他边说边站了起来。

'I shall expect you, then, at Eyford at 11:15.'

'那么,十一点十五分在艾津见。'

'I shall certainly be there.'

'我一定到那里去。'

'And not a word to a soul.' He looked at me with a last, long, questioning gaze,

'绝对不能对任何人说。'最后,他又久久地以怀疑的眼光凝视着我,

and then, pressing my hand in a cold, dank grasp, he hurried from the room.

然后,用他那湿冷的手和我握了一下,就急急忙忙走出了房间。


分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/?aid=536903&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='536903' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。