双语有声阅读:我用什么才能留住你
时间:2016-06-15 06:39:30
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
What can I hold you with?
我用什么才能留住你?
I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.
我给你贫穷的街道、绝望的日落、破败郊区的月亮。
I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。
I offer you my ancestors, my dead men, the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:
我给你我已死去的先辈,人们用大理石纪念他们的幽灵:
my father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires, two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;
在布宜诺斯艾利斯边境阵亡的我父亲的父亲,两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,蓄着胡子的他死去了,士兵们用牛皮裹起他的尸体;
my mother's grandfather -just twentyfour- heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú, now ghosts on vanished horses.
我母亲的祖父——时年二十四岁——在秘鲁率领三百名士兵冲锋,如今都成了消失的马背上的幽灵。
我用什么才能留住你.
I offer you whatever insight my books may hold, whatever
manliness1 or humour my life.
我给你我写的书中所能包含的一切悟力、我生活中所能有的男子气概或幽默。
I offer you the
loyalty2 of a man who has never been loyal.
我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。
I offer you that
kernel3 of myself that I have saved somehow -the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.
我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——不营字造句,不和 梦想交易,不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。
I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.
我给你,早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。
I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself,
authentic4 and surprising news of yourself.
我给你你对自己的解释,关于你自己的理论,你自己的真实而惊人的消息。
I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart; I am trying to
bribe5 you with
uncertainty6, with danger, with defeat.
我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。
分享到: