在线英语听力室

【双语有声阅读】在阳光下行走(上)

时间:2016-07-04 08:48:28

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

Years of storms had taken their toll1 on the old windmill.
 
多年的风雨毁坏了古老的风车。
 
Its wheel, rusted2 and fallen, lay silent in the lush bluegrass.
 
车轮已经锈了,倒了,静静地躺卧在茂盛的六月禾丛中。
 
Its once animated3 silhouette4 was now a tall motionless steeple in the twilight5 sun.
 
在落日的衬托下,曾经散发着生气的风车如今如耸立的尖塔般冰冷、生硬。
 
I hadn't walked across our old farm in fifteen years.
 
我已经有十五年没有走过我们的农场了。
 
Yet the sensations came flooding back.
 
然而,那些感觉又汹涌而至。
 
I could smell the freshness of new mown alfalfa.
 
我仿佛闻到了新割的苜蓿的清新气息,
 
I could feel the ping of the ice cold summer rain, and the sun's sudden warmth on my wet shoulders when it reappeared after a brisk July thunderstorm.
 
感觉到了冰冷夏雨敲打在身上,还有七月的雨后阳光照射在湿漉漉的身上骤然传来的暖意。
 
Rain or shine, I used to walk this path each day to see Greta.
 
无论雨天或晴天,我曾经天天沿着这条小径去探望葛丽塔。
 
She always made me smile, even after Sis and I had just had a big squabble.
 
即使我刚和姐姐大吵了一场,她也总能使我舒怀微笑。
 
I would help Greta with her chores.
 
我会帮葛丽塔做些家务。
 
Then we would visit over a generous helping6 of her delicious homemade chocolate cookies and ice cream.
 
然后,我们会大快朵颐,品尝她亲手做的巧克力曲奇饼和冰淇淋。
 
Being confined to a wheel chair didn't stop Greta from being a fabulous7 cook.
 
以轮椅代步并不妨碍她成为一名出色的厨师。
 
Greta gave me two of the greatest gifts I've ever received.
 
葛丽塔送给我两件最了不起的礼物。

分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/index.php?aid=367457&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='367457' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。