Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /plus/view.php?aid=550425
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='550425' and `l`.`level_id`>='7' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

《简·爱》 Chapter 38 第三十八章(1)_在线英语听力室_免费在线英语听力学习网站
英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

《简·爱》 Chapter 38 第三十八章(1)

时间:2022-09-08 11:03来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络收集或者网友提供,供仅参考试用,我们无法保证内容完整和正确。如果资料损害了您的权益,请与站长联系,我们将及时删除并致以歉意。
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

CHAPTER XXXVIII

第三十八章

READER, I married him.

读者呵,我同他结了婚。

A quiet wedding we had: he and I, the parson and clerk, were alone present.

婚礼不事声张,到场的只有他和我,牧师和教堂执事。

When we got back from church, I went into the kitchen of the manor-house,

我从教堂里回来,走进庄园的厨房时,

where Mary was cooking the dinner and John cleaning the knives, and I said: --

玛丽在做饭,约斡在擦拭刀具,我说:

"Mary, I have been married to Mr. Rochester this morning."

“玛丽,今儿早上我和罗切斯特先生结了婚,”

The housekeeper2 and her husband were both of that decent phlegmatic3 order of people,

管家和她的丈夫都是不大动感情的规矩人,

to whom one may at any time safely communicate a remarkable4 piece of news without incurring5 the danger of having one's ears pierced by some shrill6 ejaculation,

你什么时候都可以放心地告诉他们惊人的消息,而你的耳朵不会有被一声尖叫刺痛的危险,

and subsequently stunned7 by a torrent8 of wordy wonderment.

你也不会随之被一阵好奇的唠叨弄得目瞪口呆。

Mary did look up, and she did stare at me: the ladle with which she was basting9 a pair of chickens roasting at the fire,

玛丽确实抬起了头来,也确实盯着我看。她用来给两只烤着的鸡涂油的杓子,

did for some three minutes hang suspended in air;

在空中停了大约三分钟,

and for the same space of time John's knives also had rest from the polishing process:

约翰忘了擦拭,手中的刀具停了同样长的时间。

but Mary, bending again over the roast, said only --

但是玛丽又弯下腰,忙她的烤鸡去了,只不过说:

"Have you, Miss? Well, for sure!"

“是吗,小姐?嗯,那毫无疑问!”

A short time after she pursued --

过了一会儿她接着说:

"I seed you go out with the master, but I didn't know you were gone to church to be wed1;" and she basted10 away.

“我看见你与主人出去,但我不知道你们是上教堂结婚的。”说完她又忙着给鸡涂油了,

John, when I turned to him, was grinning from ear to ear.

而约翰呢,我转向他的时候,他笑得合不拢嘴了。

"I telled Mary how it would be," he said: "I knew what Mr. Edward"

“我告诉过玛丽,事情会怎么样,”他说,“我知道爱德华先生”

(John was an old servant, and had known his master when he was the cadet of the house, therefore, he often gave him his Christian11 name) --

(约翰是个老佣人,他的主人还是幼子的时候他就认识他了。因此他常常用教名称呼他)——

"I knew what Mr. Edward would do; and I was certain he would not wait long neither: and he's done right, for aught I know.

“我知道爱德华先生会怎么干。我肯定他不会等得很久,也许他做得很对。

I wish you joy, Miss!" and he politely pulled his forelock.

我祝你快乐,小姐!”他很有礼貌地拉了一下自己的前发。

"Thank you, John. Mr. Rochester told me to give you and Mary this."

“谢谢你,约翰。罗切斯特先生要我把这给你和玛丽。”

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:   简·爱  夏洛蒂  勃朗特
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴