商务英语口语:电话预约篇(2)(在线收听

    作为职场中的一员,我们免不了要外出办公。为了使自己的工作更有效率,我们就需要提前和对方确定好相关事宜,这时,电话就发挥了相当重要的作用。而善于使用电话的人,不仅能通过电话把事情办得圆满,还可以用它来解决当面不好说的许多问题呢!下面,我们就来学习一下如何用电话预约和解决问题。
    GREGG: Hello.
    葛雷格: 你好。
    OFFICE ASSISTANT: I have Nick Delwin on the line for Helen. Do you want to take the call?
    办公室文员: 有个叫尼克·戴尔文的人打来电话要找海伦。你想接这个电话吗?
    GREGG: Yeah. OK. Thanks. Hi, Nick. Gregg Anderson here.
    葛雷格: 是。好。谢谢。你好,尼克。我是葛雷格·安德森。
    NICK: Hello, Gregg. I was hoping to speak to Helen.
    尼克: 你好,葛雷格。我本来想找海伦的。
    GREGG: Sorry, Helen’s away on business. Can I help?
    葛雷格: 对不起,海伦外出办公了。我能帮忙吗?
    NICK: Yes, Gregg, I think you probably can. I’m afraid I’ve got some rather bad news. It’s the trip over for Electronica.
    尼克: 是的,葛雷格,我想你或许可以。恐怕我有一些坏消息。那是关于参加电子元器件展会的事情。
    GREGG: Uh-huh?
    葛雷格: 嗯嗯?
    NICK: Yes, I’m afraid we’ve had a bit of an internal reorganization here and we’ll be sending a much smaller team.
    尼克: 是的,恐怕由于我们进行了一个小的内部调整,所以我们的代表团要比原计划的小很多。
    GREGG: Well, does this mean you won’t be needing the same-sized booth, then?
    葛雷格: 嗯,那这是否意味着你们不再需要同样大小的展位了?
    NICK: I’m afraid so. There’ll just be Diane and myself. We won’t be able to handle such a large stand.
    尼克: 恐怕是这样的。只有黛安和我会去。我们不可能使用那么大的一个展位。
    GREGG: So, you’d like me to look into that, would you?
    葛雷格: 所以,你希望我处理一下这件事,是吧?
    NICK: I would be very grateful.
    尼克: 非常感谢。
    GREGG: OK, well, I suppose this will also have implications for the reception on Saturday night?
    葛雷格: 好,那么,我想这可能还意味着礼拜日的接待活动要有所调整了?
    NICK: Yes, I’m afraid so. I would hope that we could still go ahead with it but it’ll have to be on a reduced budget.
    尼克: 是的,恐怕是这样的。我希望,我们还是按计划走,只不过预算少了。
    GREGG: Well, we were planning for eighty people. Could you give me an idea of what you have in mind now?
    葛雷格: 嗯,我们原来是按照80人的规模筹划的。你能跟我说一下你们现在的打算吗?
    NICK: Umm... could we say fifty, and perhaps you could get us a revised estimate? You know, the cost of a smaller stand at the exhibition, just the two hotel rooms, and a lower key reception.
    尼克: 嗯……我想50人吧,也许你们可以给我们一个调整后的估计数字。你知道,在展会设置一个小一点的展位,只订两个旅馆房间,再加上一个低级别的接待会,就是这些的费用了。
    GREGG: I’ll see what I can do. Of course, I’ll have to talk to Helen first.
    葛雷格: 我尽量去做吧。当然,我必须先和海伦说一下。
    NICK: Oh yes, I understand. But could you fax us through a revised budget - say by the end of the week?
    尼克: 噢,当然,我明白。但你们可以,比如在月底前,给我们发一份调整后的预算传真吗?
    GREGG: Yes, that should be OK. I’ll phone Diane if there’s any problem.
    葛雷格: 可以,没问题。如果有什么问题的话,我会给黛安打电话。
    NICK: That would be best. Goodbye, Gregg.
    尼克: 那太好了。再见,葛雷格。
    GREGG: Bye-bye.
    葛雷格: 再见。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ttswky/101673.html