At the Post Office 在邮局(在线收听

 Part One Sending a Letter第一部分 寄信Clerk: Good afternoon, Miss. Can I help you?
小姐,下午好。要帮忙吗?
Mary: Yes. I want to send this letter to Guangzhou.
是的。我想把这封信寄往广州。
Clerk: By airmail or surface mail?
航空信还是平信?
Mary: Air mail, please.
请寄航空信。
Clerk: Would you like it registered?
想寄挂号吗?
Mary: No. I don't think so.
不要。我想不用寄挂号。
Clerk: Eighty cents, please.
请付8毛钱。
Mary: Here's one yuan.
这是一元。
Clerk: Here's your change.
你的找头。
Mary: Thank you.
谢谢。
Clerk: It's my pleasure.
不用谢。
Part Two Posting a Letter第二部分 寄信Jack: Excuse me, but could you please tell me where the nearest post office is? I'm going to mail a letter.
劳驾,请问最近的邮局在哪儿?我要去寄封信。
Wang: Do you wish to send it as an ordinary or registered letter?
你要寄平信还是挂号信?
Jack: What's the difference?
这有什么区别吗?
Wang: If you want to post an ordinary letter, you needn't go to the post office, you can drop it into the nearest pillar-box.
如果寄平信,你就用不着上邮局,把信投在最近的邮筒就行了。
Jack: I want to send this letter by registered mail.
我想寄封挂号信。
Wang: In that case, you'll have to go to the post office.
那样的话,你就要到邮局去了。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
(At the post office)Jack: Good afternoon! I want to send this letter to Beijing by registered mail. Is there enough postage on it?
下午好!我想寄封挂号信到北京。这封信的邮资足吗?
Clerk: The letter is rather heavy. You'd better have it weighed.
这封信相当重,最好称一下。
Jack: How much does it weigh? Is it overweight?
多重?超重了吗?
Clerk: It's 6 grams overweight. You need 2 yuan stamps.
超重6克。需要贴2元邮票。
Jack: Do you think I can catch the last post today?
你看我能赶上最后一趟邮班吗?
Clerk: Oh, certainly. The last mail goes out at 6:30.
当然能行。最后一趟邮班是6:30。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Three Sending a Parcel第三部分 寄包裹Clerk: How can I help you?
能为您效劳吗?
Jack: I want to send this package to Los Angeles by parcel post, please.
我想把这包东西以包裹邮件寄往洛杉机。
Clerk: Registered?
挂号吗?
Jack: Yes.
对。
Clerk: I'll have to weigh it first. 150 yuan, please.
我得先把它称一下。请付150元。
Jack: Here is 200.
给你 200元。
Clerk: Your change, please.
这是你的找头。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Four Sending Money第四部分 寄钱Clerk 1: Good morning. Can I help You?
早晨好!能为您效劳吗?
Bob: Good morning. I wish to send a sum of 100 Euros to London. Would it be better to get a money order or send it in a registered letter?
早晨好!我想寄100欧元到伦敦去。用邮政汇票好还是用保价信寄钞票好?
Clerk 1: It depends.
那要视情况而定。
Bob: Then I'd like to get a postal order.
那么,我要张邮政汇票。
Clerk 1: Postal orders are over there, at Counter No.5.
邮政汇票在那边,5号柜台。
…Bob: Please give me a postal order for 100 Euros.
请给我一张100欧元的邮政汇票。
Clerk 2: Will you fill in the moneyorder form? Please write down the names and addresses of both the sender and the recipient legibly and do not abbreviate or use initials. And don't forget the reverse side of the form. You can put down the sender's remarks here, if you like.
请填写这张邮政汇票。请填上汇款人与收款人的姓名、地址。字迹要清楚,不要缩写,要用全称。别忘了汇票的反面也要填写。如果需要,你可以在这里写上汇款人的附言。
Bob: Is the form filled in properly?
这表格填对了吗?
Clerk 2: Yes.
是的。
Bob: Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
Clerk 2: You are welcome.
不客气。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/102595.html