Telecommunications 电信(在线收听

Part One Making a Long Distance Call第一部分 打长途电话Operator: Good morning. Operator. Can I help you?
早晨好,我是接线员。要我为您效劳吗?
Jack: Yes. I'd like to make a long distance call to England. Could you please tell me the rate for calling England?
是的。我想打个长途去英国。您能告诉我打长途去英国的标准费用是多少吗?
Operator: Yes, of course. The standard rate for calling England is 0.7 yuan for every 6 seconds, excluding service charge.
当然可以。打给英国的长途标准费用是每6秒钟0.7元,不包括服务费。
Jack: What's your service charge, then?
那么,你们的服务费是多少?
Operator: It's 15 %.
是15%。
Jack: I see. Thank you.
我明白了。谢谢。
Part Two The Internet第二部分 国际互联网Mr Brown: Hello, Xiao Wang. What are you doing?
小王,你好!你在干什么啦?
Wang: Hi, Mr Brown. I'm reading some sources downloaded from the Internet.
布朗先生,您好!我在阅读从国际互联网上下载的一些资料。
Mr Brown: Communications technology is developing so rapidly nowadays that we can get information very easily.
现在通讯技术发展是如此之快以至于我们很容易就能获得信息。
Wang: Exactly. When we access to the Internet, we are communicating with the world.
的确如此。我们上网时,我们是在与世界交流。
Mr Brown: Yes. That's why we should keep an eye on its development.
真是这样。因此,我们应该关心其发展。
Part Three Talking about Telecommunications第三部分 谈论电信Mr Black: Hello, Zhang Hua.
张华,你好!
Zhang Hua: Good morning. What can I do for you, Mr Black?
早晨好!布莱克先生,能为您效劳吗?
Mr Black: I want to fax my friend in Britain.
我想给我英国的朋友发份传真。
Zhang Hua: 0k. Fax is better than telephone.
好。传真比电话好。
Mr Black: You are right. When you phone somebody, he may not be in. But fax can be received by the fax machine even when no one is in the house.
你说对了。你打电话时,他有可能不在。但是即使家里没人,传真机也能接受传真。
Zhang Hua: You are right. But fax is expensive. So nowadays people prefer to use the cheapest way to communicate with others - E-mail.
您说对了。但是发传真贵。因此,现在人们喜欢用电子邮件这种最便宜的方式进行交流。
Mr Black: I'll try it next time. Goodbye.
下次我也试试用电子邮件。再见。
Zhang Hua: See you.
再见。
Part Four E-commerce第四部分 电子商务Mrs Black: Hi, Xiao Yang. What are you doing before the computer?
你好,小杨。你在电脑前干什么呢?
Xiao Yang: I'm choosing a new shirt.
我在挑选一件新衬衫。
Mrs Black: What? A new shirt before the computer?
什么?在电脑前挑新衬衫?
Xiao Yang: Yes. This form of e-commerce benefits from wideband access. Imagine going to a retail site and instead of seeing pictures and prices, looking through an interactive catalog. You can see a person demonstrate it.
是的。这种形式的电子商务得益于宽带网。您想象一下吧:走进一家零售店不是光看看照片和价格,而是在互动的目录中寻找您想要的东西。您可以看见有人为你展示物品。
Mrs Black: That's really interesting.
真有意思。
Xiao Yang: Sure. Life is becoming more meaningful.
当然啦。生活真是越来越有意义了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/102598.html