UNIT 5 Culture Shapes Us Lesson 39 Memories of Canada(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 5 Culture Shapes Us Lesson 39 Memories of Canada]
[0:00.351]UNIT 5 第五单元
[0:02.178]Culture Shapes Us 文化塑造我们
[0:04.727]Lesson 39: 第39课:
[0:06.573]Memories of Canada 回忆加拿大
[0:10.299]To: 至:
[0:11.439][email protected]
[0:14.517]From: 来自:
[0:15.538][email protected]
[0:18.748]Subject: 主题:
[0:19.950]Little North America 小北美
[0:22.238]Date: 日期:
[0:23.160]09/05 6:58 PM 5月9日下午6:58
[0:27.868]Dear Jenny, 亲爱的珍妮:
[0:29.004]I was very interested to read your e-mail about "Little North America." 我对你有关“小北美”的电子邮件很感兴趣。
[0:33.778]It made me remember my own visit to Canada. 它让我想起了自己去加拿大的旅行。
[0:37.383]You welcomed me into your home, and you were wonderful hosts. 你们欢迎我到你家去,你们真是非常好的主人。
[0:41.828]It was very strange, though, being a guest in a different country and a different culture. 但处于不同的国家和不同的文化里,做为客人的感觉仍然很奇怪。
[0:47.639]When I had my first breakfast in Canada, I asked your mother if you had any chopsticks! 我在加拿大第一次吃早饭时,我还问你妈妈是否有筷子!
[0:53.961]In Canada, I ate so many things that I had never eaten before. 在加拿大,我吃到了许多从未吃过的东西。
[0:58.669]But the food wasn't the only thing that was strange. 不过食物并不是唯一令人感到奇怪的东西。
[1:01.978]Compared to China, Canada doesn't have many people. 与中国相比,加拿大没有多少人。
[1:05.715]Even in the city, it felt like there was so much space! 即使是在市里,也会感觉到很空旷!
[1:09.912]It also seemed strange not to hear my own language. 听不到自己的语言也很奇怪。
[1:13.682]Sometimes it made my head hurt to speak English all day. 有时整天说英语真是让我头疼。
[1:17.436]I was happy when you offered to take me to Chinatown. 你们带我去唐人街的时候我真的很高兴。
[1:21.172]For that whole afternoon, I felt like I was at home. 整个下午,我就感觉像是在家里一样。
[1:25.700]It was so nice when we walked into the grocery store. 我们走进杂货店时感觉好极了。
[1:29.041]It smelled just like a store in my own city! 那里的味道很像我家乡的小店的味道!
[1:32.251]And do you remember the man who served us lunch at the restaurant that day? 你记得那天在饭店招待我们的那个人吗?
[1:36.746]He was from Shijiazhuang, just like me! 他来自石家庄,和我一样!
[1:40.384]It was fun. 真是有趣。
[1:42.392]The Chinese people in Canada are very proud, and they work hard to keep their culture alive. 在加拿大的中国人很骄傲,他们很努力地使自己的文化存活下来。
[1:48.615]It must be hard to do that, when Western culture is all around them. 那一定很困难,因为周围都是西方文化。
[1:53.603]It's good that Canadians accept other people. 很庆幸加拿大人能够接纳其他人。
[1:56.681]Though I was glad to come home again, I will never forget the welcome I received in Canada. 虽然我很高兴又回到家里,但我绝不会忘记我在加拿大受到的礼遇。
[2:03.332]Li Ming 李明
[2:05.438]Would you like to visit Canada? 你想参观加拿大吗?
[2:08.806]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[2:10.852]Write in your diary about a trip you took to a place with a different culture. 把你去一个拥有不同文化的地方旅行的经历写进日记。
[2:17.199]Talk about why you went there and what made the trip unforgettable or special. 谈谈你为什么去那里,什么使得这次旅行不同或特别
[2:23.433]You can also talk about an imaginary trip. 你也可以谈谈一次假想的旅行。
[2:23.433]
[2:23.433]
[2:23.433]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136345.html