UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 42 What Do You Want To Do?(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 42 What Do You Want To Do?]
[0:01.001]UNIT 6 第六单元
[0:02.869]Get Ready for Jobs 为就业做好准备
[0:05.716]Lesson 42: 第42课:
[0:07.406]What Do You Want To Do? 你想做什么?
[0:10.608]THINK ABOUT IT! 想一想!
[0:12.577]· What do you want to be when you grow up? · 你长大后想成为什么?
[0:16.230]· What does Chelsea need to get ready for the university she likes? · 切尔西需要为她喜欢的大学做什么准备?
[0:21.681]· What makes Dr. Taylor's job important and interesting? · 什么使得泰勒博士的工作重要、有趣?
[0:26.933]Cars Are Cool 汽车很酷
[0:28.739]I think cars are really cool. 我觉得汽车真的很酷。
[0:31.676]I'm Chelsea. 我是切尔西。
[0:32.789]When I grow up, I want to be a car designer. 我长大后想当一名汽车设计师。
[0:35.484]I want a job with a big car company. 我想在一家大的汽车公司上班。
[0:38.711]At first I wanted to be an actress. 起初我曾想当一名女演员。
[0:41.324]But then I thought about how much I like cars. 但是后来我考虑到了自己对汽车是那么地喜爱。
[0:44.180]I really, really like them. 我的的确确非常喜欢它们。
[0:46.584]I don't know why. 我不知道为什么。
[0:47.714]I just do! 我就是喜欢!
[0:49.521]It's very hard to find a place to study car design. 找到一个地方学习汽车设计非常困难。
[0:53.022]I thought if I were an engineer, I could design cars. 我曾认为如果我是一名工程师,我就能设计汽车。
[0:56.862]But I found out that wasn't quite true. 但是我发现事实并非如此。
[1:00.008]So I looked on the Internet. 因此我上网查看。
[1:01.977]I found one university in California. 我找到了一所在加利福尼亚的大学。
[1:04.768]It teaches about the design of all kinds of transportation, including cars! 它教授各种类型的交通工具的设计,包括汽车!
[1:10.270]After I graduate from high school, I plan to go there. 高中毕业后,我计划去那里。
[1:14.207]What do I need to get ready for this university? 为上这所大学我需要做好什么准备?
[1:17.127]I will need to study art, physics and math in high school. 我在高中需要学习美术、物理和数学。
[1:21.355]I will also need a collection of my drawings and ideas. 我还将需要一本我的绘画作品和构想的收藏集。
[1:25.437]I like to draw, but it's not my hobby. 我喜欢绘画,但是这不是我的爱好。
[1:28.373]I guess I'll have to put more effort into it if I want to achieve my goal! 我想如果我要实现我的目标的话,我必须在这方面多多努力!
[1:32.520]I already have some money for my education. 我已经有一些钱来支付我的教育了。
[1:35.263]But it's very expensive to study in the United States. 但是在美国学习非常昂贵。
[1:38.570]It will cost $80 000! 这将花费八万美元!
[1:41.684]I really want a scholarship! 我的确想得到一份奖学金!
[1:45.395]Would You Like to Study Biology? 你想学习生物吗?
[1:48.428]Dr. Chip Taylor is a biologist. 奇普·泰勒博士是一名生物学家。
[1:51.252]He teaches at a university in the United States. 他在美国一所大学教书。
[1:54.608]He is studying a kind of North America butterfly that travels south up to four thousand kilometers, 他正在研究一种向南飞行长达四千公里的北美蝴蝶,
[2:01.417]just as many birds migrate in the fall. 这种蝴蝶和许多鸟儿一样在秋季迁徙。
[2:04.724]Fascinating facts about the butterfly have been drawing Dr. Taylor's attention. 关于这种蝴蝶令人着迷的事实已经引起了泰勒博士的注意。
[2:10.130]In Mexico, the butterflies always return to the same small piece of forest, only twenty kilometers wide. 在墨西哥,这种蝴蝶总是返回到只有二十公里宽的同一小片森林中。
[2:18.143]Here, as many as 230 million butterflies spend the winter. 有多达两亿三千万只蝴蝶在这里过冬。
[2:23.651]They cover some trees almost completely. 它们几乎完全覆盖了一些树木。
[2:26.905]The butterflies that return south are the great-great grandchildren of the butterflies that left for the north. 返回到南方的这些蝴蝶是留在北方的蝴蝶的玄孙们。
[2:34.411]When they begin to travel north in spring, the females lay eggs. 当它们春季飞往北方时,雌性蝴蝶就会产卵。
[2:39.605]They lay eggs on only one plant: milkweed. 它们只在一种植物——马利筋上产卵。
[2:44.286]But in Mexico, people cut down the trees because they need more land for farms. 但是在墨西哥,人们砍了树木,因为他们需要更多的土地来耕种。
[2:50.936]In the United States and Canada, farmers use chemicals that kill milkweed. 在美国和加拿大,农民用的化学药品杀死了马利筋。
[2:56.387]This worries Dr. Taylor a lot. 这使泰勒博士非常担心。
[2:59.412]But now things are improving. 但是现在状况有所改善。
[3:01.781]Mexico has begun to protect parts of the forest. 墨西哥已经开始保护部分森林了。
[3:05.720]The United States and Canada have encouraged farmers to use fewer chemicals. 美国和加拿大已经鼓励农民减少使用化学药品。
[3:11.085]Scientists still don't understand how butterflies know when to fly south. 科学家们仍然不理解蝴蝶是如何知道何时飞向南方的。
[3:16.480]If they wait even a few days too long, the butterflies will freeze. 如果这些蝴蝶等再等几天的话,它们就会被冻僵。
[3:21.588]And how do all the great-great grandchildren find the same forest in Mexico every year? 每年这些蝴蝶的玄孙们是如何找到墨西哥的同一片森林的呢?
[3:27.896]This is puzzling as well as interesting for many scientists. 这对许多科学家来说既令人费解又很有趣。
[3:32.890]There are many mysteries to be discovered by those interested in science. 有许多秘密需要那些对科学感兴趣的人去破解。
[3:38.178]What do you think is the most fascinating thing in nature? 你认为大自然中最令人着迷的事情是什么?
[3:42.403]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[3:43.939]What job do you want to do after you graduate from high school? 高中毕业后你想做什么工作?
[3:49.209]What do you need to study to get that job? 要获得那份工作你还需要学习什么?
[3:52.909]What else do you need to do? 你还需要做些什么?
[3:55.317]Write a plan to help your dream come true. 写一份计划帮助你实现梦想。
[3:58.837]Try using this pattern: "To get my job, first _____, then _____ and finally, ______." 试着运用这个句式:“要获得我的工作,首先 ,然后 ,最后, 。”
[4:25.584]
[3:58.837]
[3:58.837]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136348.html