职场礼节美语: 办公室装饰有一套(在线收听

   陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他中午去吃饭,正好遇到美国同事Amy。

  (Office ambience)
  C:Amy, 你去吃饭吗?
  A:As a matter of fact, I am.
  C:我准备到楼下的商店去随便买个汉堡。一起去吧?
  A:OK. I am looking for a quick bite myself. I would be delighted to join you.
  C:我刚好有个问题要请教你。
  A:What is it?
  C:现在很多人都在格间里工作,我还记得你告诉过我,工作时应该尽量设法不要影响到别人。
  A:Right. We have discussed keeping your voice down in your cubicle, not using a speaker phone or holding a meeting in your cube.
  C:对,除了声音不要太大以外,还有不要吃味道特别重的食物。不过Amy,我最近还注意到了另外一个问题。
  A:I'm interested to hear what it is.
  C:主要是个人对工作格间的装饰。I call it "cubicle decor."
  A:Here we are at the sandwich shop. Let's get seated and then continue our conversation.
  ******
  陈豪和Amy坐下吃饭。
  A:You were talking about cubicle décor. What do you mean?
  C:有人的格间很整齐,没有任何私人物品,但有的人却好像是把家都搬来了。
  A:Can you be more specific?
  C:他们的工作间里到处是家人的照片、小装饰品、孩子的手工作品、出去玩买的纪念品,还有各种奖状。
  A:That bothers you?
  C:我确实觉得有点儿过份。
  A:Well, I agree with you. People need to add a personal touch to their office or cubicle without overdoing it.
  C:我觉得应该定个规矩,一律不许用私人物品来装饰办公室?
  A:I disagree. Putting personal touches around your desk reveals a dimension of your personality to your co-workers and associates. It's as important as small talk in the office.
  C:这么说也有道理,其实我就挺喜欢看同事们桌子上的照片的。但是你不觉得应该适当控制一下吗?
  A:People need to understand the limits of how much memorabilia to display as well as what is appropriate.
  C:那你觉得什么样的限制比较合理呢?
  A:Keep the number of family photos to one or two, no more than 5x7 inches each. Display a favorite art piece, knick-knack or a plague that expresses a personal philosophy, but not a collection.
  C:你的意思是可以放一、两张5x7的照片,外加一件小装饰品。还有些同事喜欢在办公室里养花,你觉得合适吗?
  A:It's OK to add a live plant or two. The bottom line is to make your work area represent you without diminishing your professionalism.
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/guide/news/160968.html