旅游常用英语口语:去健身中心(在线收听

 

  STEVE: I'm going over to the gym. I want to do some running.
  史堤夫: 我要去健身中心,我想要跑步。
  JOSEPH: Why don't you run outside?
  乔瑟夫: 你为什么不在户外跑?
  STEVE: Are you kidding? Do you know how cold it is today?
  史堤夫: 你开玩笑吧?你知道今天有多冷吗?
  JOSEPH: Yeah, I suppose. I guess it isn't healthy to run in this weather.
  乔瑟夫: 对,我相信。我认为在这种天气下跑步也不健康。
  STEVE: No, it's not. Not at all. I'd probably freeze my lungs.
  史堤夫: 不,一点也不健康。一点也不。我的肺很可能都会结冻。
  JOSEPH: Wait for me a minute. I'll go over to the gym too.
  乔瑟夫 :等我一下。我跟你一起去健身中心。
  STEVE: You?
  史堤夫: 你?
  JOSEPH: Yes, why not? Just let me get my gym clothes together.
  乔瑟夫: 对,为什么不?让我把运动服带上。
  STEVE: I didn't know you could exercise.
  史堤夫: 我并不知道你做运动。
  JOSEPH: What do you mean by that? Everyone can exercise!
  乔瑟夫: 你是什么意思?每个人都可以运动啊!
  STEVE: Yeah, I know. But you?I always thought you were only good at lifting beer bottles to your mouth.
  史堤夫: 对呀,我知道。但是你?我一直认为你只会把啤酒瓶放进你的嘴巴。
  JOSEPH: No, not at all. I was on the swimming team in high school.And I'd like to do some weight training. They have decent equipment at that gym.
  乔瑟夫: 不,才没有。我在高中的时候参加过游泳队。我也喜欢做一些举重运动。健身中心有很好的设备。
  STEVE: You're going to lift weights? Hah!
  史堤夫: 你要举重?哈!
  JOSEPH: Are you laughing at me?
  乔瑟夫: 你在笑我吗?
  STEVE: I'm sorry. I just can't imagine you lifting weights.
  史堤夫: 我很抱歉,我只是无法想象你举重。
  JOSEPH: Maybe not. But I want to start. I need to get in shape.I feel these past couple months that my energy is low.
  乔瑟夫: 或许没有,但我想要开始。我需要保持住身材。我感到这过去的几个月我的体能差了许多。
  STEVE: It's true. If a person doesn't exercise, they get sluggish.That's why I keep running. Even in the winter.
  史堤夫: 是真的。如果一个人不运动,他们会变得很懒。那就是为什么我坚持跑步,甚至在冬天也是这样。
  JOSEPH: So I need to do something too.
  乔瑟夫: 所以我也需要做点什么。
  STEVE: But lifting weights isn't the best thing.You should do some kind of aerobic exercise.
  史堤夫: 但举重并不是最好的。你可以做一些健身操。
  JOSEPH: I know. But I want to start today with a little weight lifting.Then I'm gooing to buy a new swimming suit and goggles,and every other day I'm going to go swim laps in the pool. How does that sound?
  乔瑟夫: 我知道。但我今天想开始做一点举重。然后我要去买一件新的泳衣及一副蛙镜每隔一天我就可以在泳池游来游去了。听起来不错吧?
  STEVE: It sounds like a good plan to me. I'm still... I mean...
  史堤夫: 听起来真是一个很好的计划。我还是……我的意思是……
  JOSEPH: What?
  乔瑟夫: 怎么了啊?
  STEVE: I'm still just surprised you really want to do it.It doesn't seem to go with your character.
  史堤夫: 我还是很惊讶你真的要这样做。这真的跟你的个性不合。
  JOSEPH: Well, if that's true, then maybe I need to change my character, don't I?I don't want to become a fat slob.
  乔瑟夫: 嗯,如果那是真的,或许我是要改变一下我的个性,对吗?我可不想变成一个痴肥。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/yyky2/229114.html