英语小达人 304 You Don't Know Who I Am(在线收听

   You Don't Know Who I Am

  你不认识我
  One professor had a strict policy that the hourly examinations were done at the bell and anyone who kept writing on their exam paper after the bell would take a zero on the exam.
  一个老师对于考试时间的要求极为严格,他规定铃响之后还在写的学生的考试成绩为零分。
  Well, one guy kept writing on his exam paper for a while after the bell and then confidently strode up to turn it in.
  可是,就有一个人在铃响后又继续写了一会儿,然后才自信地大踏步走上前来交卷。
  The professor looked at him and said, "Don't bother to hand that paper in. You get a zero for continuing after the bell."
  老师看着他说:“不用麻烦你来交卷了,铃响后你还没有停笔,你将为此得零分。”
  The guy looked at him and said, "Professor, do you know who I am!!"
  那学生看着他说:“老师,你知道我是谁吗!!”
  The professor replied, "No, and I don't care if your dad is president of the United States... you get a zero on the exam."
  老师答道:“不,我不在乎你爸爸是美国总统还是什么……总之,这门考试你要得零分。”
  The guy, with a enraged look on his face, shouted, "You mean you have no idea who I am???"
  那学生带着一脸愤怒的神情大叫道:“你是说你不认得我吗???”
  The professor responded, "No, I've no idea who you think you are."
  老师说:“不,我不知道你认为自己是谁。”
  With that, the guy said, "good," plunged his exam into the middle of the stack of other student's exams, and did a hasty retreat from the examination room!!!
  听了这话,那学生说:“很好。”接着用力地把自己的卷子插到一堆试卷中,然后迅速地从教室跑掉了!!!
  重点讲解:
  1. don't bother to do sth.
  不用费心做某事;
  eg. Lots of people don't bother to go through a marriage ceremony these days.
  如今很多人不再费心思举行婚礼。
  eg. Do not bother to come and see me off.
  别麻烦来送我了。
  2. have no idea
  (表示强调)不知道/一点儿都不知道;
  eg. I have no idea what you mean.
  我一点儿也不明白你的意思。
  eg. We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
  我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。
  3. plunge into
  将…投入;将…插入;将…刺进;
  eg. She plunged her face into a bowl of cold water.
  她把脸扎进一盆凉水里。
  eg. Moved to tears,he resolved to plunge into the new battles.
  他感动得流下泪来,决心投入新的战斗。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/265870.html