金融口语实战会话第17期:银行业务 汇款查询(在线收听

   A:Good morning, Madam. Can I help you?

  女士,早上好。我能为你服务吗?
  B:Yes, I’ve come to inquire about a 6,000-dollar remittance from California. Has it arrived?
  是的,我是来查询从加利福尼亚汇过来的6000美元汇款的。它到了吗?
  A:May I have your name, please?
  请问你的名字是什么?
  B:My name is Jenny Clinton.
  我的名字是Jenny Clinton。
  A:I see. Wait for a moment please. I am sorry, Mrs. Clinton, but the remittance doesn't appear to have arrived yet.
  知道了。请稍等。克林顿夫人,不好意思。汇款似乎还没到。
  B:Really? It should have arrived. It was sent a week ago.
  是吗?应该是到了。一个星期之前就汇过来了。
  A:If the money was sent by cable, it would have taken about one or two days. But if it was sent by airmail, it would take at least one week.
  如果是电汇,只需一两天。但是如果是航空邮递,至少需要一个星期。
  B:Well, then I'll come again the day after tomorrow.
  好的,那么我后天再过来。
  A:Or would you like us to phone you when the money arrives?
  或者钱到的时候,需要我们打电话给你吗?
  B:That would be very kind of you.
  如果那样,那实在是太好。
  A:Could you please tell me your phone number, so we'll give you a ring as soon as the remittance has arrived?
  你可以告诉我你的电话号码吗?那么汇款一到我们就会打电话给你。
  B:The phone number is 328 6765 extension 105.
  我的电话号码是328-6765,105分机。
  A:Thank you. We'll inform you in time. Goodbye.
  谢谢你。我们会及时通知你的。拜拜。
  1.inquire vt.查询,询盘
  inquire about询问;咨询;打听;inquire for询问;求见;要找;查询
  Product inquire产品查询;Independent Inquire调查机构
  2.remittance n. 汇款;汇寄之款;汇款额
  The remittance I received form my father was more than what I had expected.
  我收到父亲汇来的钱了,比我期望的要多。
  3.extension n.延长;[经]延期;扩大;伸展;电话分机
  filename extension文件扩展名;文件后缀名;扩展名
  4.in time 及时。与此相类似的是 on time 准时。
  firemen arrived in time so they successfuly controlled the spreading fire.
  消防员及时赶到,控制了火情。
  I got up at 7:00 AM everyday on time.
  我每天早上七点准时起床。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jrkyhh/267102.html