英语听书《海底两万里》第80期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(3)(在线收听

   Not at all. But being in master's employ, I followed master.

  不是。为了服侍先生,我就跟着先生下来了!
  The fine lad thought this only natural!
  这个好人觉得这样做是很自然的!
  What about the frigate? I asked.
  战舰呢?我问。
  The frigate? Conseil replied, rolling over on his back. I think master had best not depend on it to any great extent!
  战舰哪!康塞尔转过身来回答,我认为先生不要再指望它了。
  What are you saying?
  你说的什么?
  I'm saying that just as I jumped overboard, I heard the men at the helm shout, Our propeller and rudder are smashed!' Smashed?
  我说的是,在我跳入海中的时候,我听见舵旁边的人喊:‘舵和螺旋桨都坏了都坏了?是的!
  Yes, smashed by the monster's tusk! I believe it's the sole injury the Abraham Lincoln has sustained. But most inconveniently for us, the ship can no longer steer.
  我想,林肯号受到的损坏虽然只存这么一点儿,可是,这种情况对于我们是很不利的,因为船无法掌握方向了。
  Then we're done for!
  那么,我们完了!
  Perhaps, Conseil replied serenely. However, we still have a few hours before us, and in a few hours one can do a great many things!
  也许完了,康塞尔安静地回答,不过,我们还可以支持几个钟头,在几个钟头内,我们可以做不少的事!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/273103.html