生活大爆炸第一季第三集_2The Fuzzy Boots Corollary(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第三集_2The Fuzzy Boots Corollary

  -Howard:Sheldon, if you were a robot, and I knew and you didn't...
  Sheldon,如果你是机器人,我知道但你自己不知道...
  would you want me to tell you?
  你希望我告诉你吗?
  - Sheldon:That depends.
  看情况。
  When I learn that I'm a robot...
  当我得知我是机器人...
  will I be able to handle it?
  我有能力承受吗?
  -Howard:Maybe- - although the history of science fiction is not on your side.
  也许吧,虽然历来的科幻小说都不能苟同这点。
  - Sheldon:Okay, uh, let me ask you this- -
  好吧,我来问你。
  when I learn that I'm a robot,
  当我得知我是机器人,
  would I be bound by Asimov's three laws of robotics?
  我要受限于阿西莫夫的"机器人三定律"吗?
  -Raj:You might be bound by them right now.
  你可能现在就受限哦。
  -Howard:That's true. Have you ever harmed a human being?
  就是啊,你伤害过人类吗?
  or through inaction allowed a human being to come to harm?
  或任人受伤而袖手旁观?
  - Sheldon:Of course not.
  当然没有。
  -Howard:Have you ever harmed yourself or allowed yourself to be harmed except in cases
  where a human being would have been endangered?
  除了在他人危险的情况下,你会伤害自己或容忍自己被伤害吗?
  - Sheldon:Well, no.
  呃,没有。
  -Howard:I smell robot.
  我闻到机器人的味道了 (以上问题均出自"机器人三定律")。
  -Leonard:Hey, what's going on?
  嘿,过得怎么样?
  - Sheldon:Internet's been down for half an hour.
  互联网瘫痪半个小时了。
  -Raj:Also, Sheldon may be a robot.
  还有 Sheldon可能是机器人。
  -Howard:So how'd it go with Leslie?
  和Leslie怎么样啦?
  -Leonard:Oh, we tried kissing, but the earth didn't move.
  哦,我们试着接吻,但没有天崩地裂。
  I mean, any more than the 383 miles that it was going to move anyway.
  我是说,比地球原来转的383英里要更多。
  - Sheldon:Oh, I've seen that look before.
  哦,我以前看过他这表情。
  This is just going to be two weeks of moping and tedious emo songs.
  未来两周他将一直闷闷不乐,哼唱乏味的情感歌曲,
  and calling me to come down to pet stores to look at cats.
  要我下去宠物商店看猫。
  I don't know if I can take it.
  我不知道撑不撑得住。
  -Raj:You could power down..
  你可以关掉自己的电源。
  -Howard:Well, as usual, Wolowitz has the solution.
  一如既往,Wolowitz会有解决办法的。
  I happen to know a place where there are plenty of eligible women
  我碰巧知道个好地方,有很多符合条件的女士。
  and Leonard could have his pick.
  Leonard可以任意选。
  -Dancer:Remember the Latin hips.
  记住拉丁舞的技巧。
  Shoulders stay still, and... we sway.
  肩膀挺直,然后摇摆。
  One, two, three... ...five, six, seven.
  一二三... 五六七。
  -Howard:I think Mrs. Tishman's got her eye on you.
  Tishman女士一直盯着你呢。
  I've been there. You're in for a treat.
  我有过经验,你会喜欢的。
  -Leonard:She said, "you don't know me"
  她说,你不了解我,
  You "don't even care" oh, yeah...
  你甚至不在乎,哦,耶…
  - Sheldon:Oh, good lord.
  哦,上帝。
  -Leonard:She said, "you don't know me"
  她说,你不了解我,
  you don't wear my chains
  你不戴我送你的项链。
  Oh, yeah. God, that's a good song.
  哦,耶,天啊,这歌真棒。
  - Sheldon:If you're compiling a mix CD for a double suicide.
  当然,如果这是你为双重自杀混合录制的CD。
  Oh, I hope that scratching post is for you.
  我希望那"猫抓柱"是你自己用的。
  -Leonard:I know what you're thinking. I've taken your asthma into account.
  我知道你在想什么,你的哮喘病我有考虑在内。
  There's a feline geneticist in San Diego
  圣地亚哥有个研究猫科的遗传学家,
  who's developed the cutest little hypoallergenic calicos.
  培育了一种超可爱的低变应原小猫。
  - Sheldon:Leonard, listen to me...
  Leonard,听我说...
  -Leonard:I've been thinking about names.
  我在想给它起什么名字。
  I'm kind of torn between Einstein, Newton and Sergeant fuzzy boots.
  在爱因斯坦、牛顿和毛靴中士之间犹豫。
  - Sheldon:Leonard, do you really think you can satisfy your need for a relationship with a genetically altered cat?
  Leonard,你真认为养一只转基因猫,可以满足你的感情需要吗?
  -Leonard:Maybe.
  也许。
  If it's a cute, little, cuddly cat.
  一只让人爱不释手的可爱小猫。
  - Sheldon:Oh, come on. Leonard...
  得了吧,Leonard...
  this is obviously about penny.
  这都是因为Penny吧。
  -Leonard:It doesn't matter.
  没所谓。
  The woman's not interested in me. The woman rejected me.
  她对我不感兴趣,拒绝了我。
  - Sheldon:Okay, look, I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with penny
  听着,我认为你能跟Penny做爱的几率,
  as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.
  跟哈勃太空望远镜发现在每个黑洞中央都有个小人在用闪光灯寻找断路器的几率一样大。
  Nevertheless, I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you.
  尽管如此,我还是有责任向你指出,她并没有拒绝你。
  You did not ask her out.
  你从没邀请她去约会。
  -Leonard:You're right.
  你说的对。
  I didn't ask her out. I should ask her out.
  我没请她约会过,我该去请她约会。
  -Sheldon:No, no, now that was not my point.
  不,不,不,重点不是这个。
  My point was don't buy a cat.
  重点是不要养猫。
  -Leonard:No, but you're right.
  不,你是对的。
  I should march over there and ask her out.
  我该过去请她约会。
  -Sheldon:Oh, goody, we're getting a cat.
  天,我们要养猫了。
  -Leonard:Uh... no.
  啊...不。
  -Penny:Oh, hey, Leonard.
  你好,Leonard。
  -Leonard:Good afternoon, penny.  So, hi... hey.
  下午好,Penny,嗨,你好。
  Uh...I was wondering if you had plans for dinner.
  呃... 你约了人吃饭吗?
  -Penny:Uh, you mean dinner tonight?
  今晚的饭?
  -Leonard:There is an inherent ambiguity in the word "dinner”.
  饭这个词本身就意思含糊。
  Technically it refers to the largest meal of the day whenever it's consumed.
  严格说来,它所指的是一日的主餐,可以是午餐或晚餐。
  So to clarify here, by dinner I mean supper.
  为了说清楚,我指的是晚饭。
  -Penny:Supper?
  晚饭?
  -Leonard:Or dinner. I was thinking 6:30 if you can go. Or a different time.
  就是吃饭啦。如果你有空6点半行吗? 或者其他你方便的时间。
  -Penny:Uh,6:30 is great.
  6点半可以啊。
  -Leonard:Really? Great.
  真的? 太好了。
  -Penny: Yeah, I like hanging out with you guys.
  我喜欢跟你们一起玩。
  -Leonard:Us guys?
  我们?
  -Penny:Yeah, you know, Sheldon, Howard, Raj,who all's coming?
  对,Sheldon 、Howard、 Raj 他们都一起吧?
  -Leonard:They...  Might all be there?
  他们...可能都会去吧。
  Or a subset of them might be there.
  或者他们中的有些人可能去。
  Algebraically speaking, there are too many unknowns.
  从代数角度看,太多未知数了。
  For example, Sheldon had Quiznos for lunch.
  比如Sheldon中午吃了Quizno三明治,
  Sometimes he finds that filling, other times he doesn't.
  有时他吃到那种馅,有时候没有,
  It's no fault of Quiznos- they have a varied menu.
  这不是店家的错,他们的菜单很丰盛。
  -Penny:Okay, whatever. It sounds like fun.
  好吧,无所谓啦,听起来挺有意思的。
  -Leonard:Great. Did we say a time?
  很好,我们约时间了吗?
  -Penny:6:30
  6点半。
  -Leonard:And that's still good for you?
  你确定那时有空?
  -Penny:It's fine.
  对。
  -Leonard:Cause it's not carved in stone
  不是刻在石板上非得那时去哦。
  -Penny:No, 6:30’s great.
  6点半正好。
  -Leonard:I'll get my chisel.
  我去拿凿子。
  -Penny:Why?
  为什么?
  -Leonard:To... carve the... I'll see you at 6:30.
  去刻在石...6点半见。
  【three laws of robotics 机器人三大定律 1.机器人不能伤害人类 2.在不违背第一条定律下,机器人要服从人类指令 3.在不违背前两条定律下,机器人要懂得保护自己而生存】
  moping:闷闷不乐 tedious:乏味的 emo songs: 情绪摇滚歌曲【当你聆听时,会感觉忧伤、沮丧,使你忍不住崩溃、哭泣,同时感觉整个世界都背叛了你。】
  eligible:a. 可以选的,有资格的,合格的
  compiling:编制
  scratching:抓
  post:柱子
  asthma:气喘,哮喘
  take into account:考虑
  feline:猫(科)的
  hypoallergenic:低变应原的
  calicos:花斑动物
  torn:使烦恼 Sergeant:警官
  fuzzy:毛茸茸的
  cuddly:不由得想抱的
  Hubble telescope:哈勃望远镜
  flashlight:手电筒
  circuit breaker:短路开关
  obligated:有责任的
  inherent:固有的,内在的
  ambiguity:歧义
  consumed:大吃,大喝
  subset:子集
  algebraically:代数学地
  【Quiznos:美国一家连锁快餐店】
  chisel:凿子
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288103.html