生活大爆炸第一季第六集_1:The Middle Earth Paradigm(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第六集_1:The Middle Earth Paradigm

  -Rajesh: Okay, if no one else will say I will. We really suck at paintball.
  好吧,如果没人说那就我来说。我们在彩弹比赛中的表现实在太差了!
  -Howard: That was absolutely humiliating.
  真是太丢人了。
  -Leonard: Oh, come on! Some battles you win, some battles you lose.
  好啦!有时候你会赢,有时候你会输嘛。
  -Rajesh: Yes, but you don't have to lose to Kyle Burnsteen Bar Mitzvah Party.
  (Hebrew: "son of the commandment"; which a Jewish boy automatically becomes upon
  reaching the age of 13)
  是的,但你没必要输给一帮凯恩斯威尔的Bar Mitzvah (希伯来人: "son of the commandment"; 一个生来就是13岁的犹太男孩)。
  -Leonard: I think we have to acknowledge, those was some fairly savage pre-adolescent Jews.
  我想我们必须明白,他们是一些相当野性的青春期前期犹太人。
  [they lost to a group of kids...]
  [他们输给了一群小孩子...]
  -Sheldon: No, we were annihilated by our own incompetence and the inability of some people to follow the chain of command.
  不,我们是被自己的不在状态弄死的,有些人没能力跟上指令。
  -Leonard: Sheldon, let it go!
  Sheldon, 让它去吧!
  -Sheldon: No, I want to talk about the fact that Wolowitz shot me in the back.
  不,我想说的事实是,Wolowitz射了我的背!
  -Howard: I shot you for good reason. You were leading us into disaster!
  我射你有很好的理由。你把我们领向了灾难!
  -Sheldon: I was giving clear, concise orders.
  我给出了清晰而又简明的指令
  -Leonard: You hid behind a tree yelling, "Get the kid in the yarmulke! Get the kid in the
  yarmulke!" (a small circular cap worn by Jewish men)
  你躲在一棵树后面叫“对付那个带亚莫克便帽的小子,对付那个带亚莫克便帽的小子” (犹太男子或男孩戴的一种无边便帽)
  -Penny: Oh, hey, guys.
  哦,嘿,朋友们
  -Men:Oh, hello. Hey.
  哦, 你好. 嘿.
  -Howard: Morning, madam.
  早,小姐.
  -Penny: So, how was paintball? Did you have fun?
  那么, 彩弹怎么样? 你们玩得开心伐?
  -Sheldon: Sure, if you consider being fragged by your own troops fun.
  当然,如果你觉得被自己队伍的人杀掉很有趣的话。
  You clear space on your calendar - there will be an inquiry.
  把你们的日程安排好,有事要找你们
  -Penny: Hey, I'm having a party on Saturday, so if you guys are around, you should come on by.
  周六我这儿有一个聚会,如果你们到时候在这里的话,你们应该过来
  -Leonard: A party?
  一个聚会?
  -Penny: Yeah.
  是的.
  -Howard: A... "boy-girl" party?
  一个... "男孩-女孩" 聚会?
  -Penny: Well, there will be boys and there will be girls and it is a party, so...
  对, 会有些男孩子。而且也会有女孩,并且它是一个聚会,所以......
  It'll be a bunch of my friends. We'll have some beer, do a little dancing...
  到时有些我的朋友来。我们会喝点啤酒,跳跳舞之类......
  -Sheldon: Dancing?
  跳舞?
  -Leonard: Yeah, I don't know, Penny...
  是的, 我不知道, Penny...
  -Sheldon: The thing is, we're not...
  事情是,我们不...
  -Leonard: No, we're really more of a... No.
  不,我们更多是... 不.
  But thanks. Thanks for thinking of us.
  但谢谢。谢谢你邀请我们。
  -Penny: Are you sure? Come on, it's Halloween.
  你确定伐? 来吧,是万圣节嘛。
  -Sheldon: A Halloween party?
  万圣节聚会?
  -Howard: As in... costumes?
  是不是......需要化妆的那种?
  -Penny: Well, yeah.
  嗯, 是吧.
  -Leonard: Is there a theme?
  有没有什么主题?
  -Penny: Uh... Yeah, Halloween.
  恩... 是啊, 万圣节.
  -Sheldon: Yes, but are the costumes random, or genre-specific?
  是的, 但是是随意装扮,还是有什么特别的类型?
  -Penny: As usual, I'm not following.
  跟往常一样,我不太明白。
  -Leonard: He's asking if we can come as anyone from science fiction, fantasy...
  他是在问我们是否能打扮成科幻或非现实中的人物......
  -Penny: Sure.
  当然
  -Sheldon: What about comic books?
  那漫画书呢?
  -Penny: Fine.
  可以啊。
  -Sheldon: Anime?
  日本动漫?
  -Penny: of course.
  当然当然。
  -Sheldon: TV, film, D&D, manga, Greek gods, Roman gods, Norse gods...
  电视,电影,古希腊众神, 古罗马众神, 古挪威众神...
  -Penny: Anything you want! Okay? Any costume you want.
  什么都可以! 好吗?什么角色都可以。
  -Penny: Bye.
  再见。
  -Howard: Gentlemen, to the sewing machines.
  先生们,找缝纫机。
  -Leonard: I'll get it. Oh, no!
  我来开。噢, 不!
  -Sheldon: Oh, no!
  噢, 不!
  -Rajesh: Make way for the fastest man alive! Oh, no!
  给最快的人一条路走! 噢, 不!
  -Sheldon: See, this is why I wanted to have a costume meeting.
  看到吧,所以我希望开一个关于扮演角色的会
  -Leonard: We all have other costumes. We can change.
  我们都有别的扮演角色——我们可以换的。
  -Rajesh: Or we could walk right behind each other all night
  或者我们可以整晚跟在每个人后面走
  -Rajesh: and look like one person going really fast.
  看上去像是一个人走得非常快
  -Howard: No, no, no. It's a boy-girl party, this Flash runs solo.
  不, 不, 不.这是一个男孩女孩聚会, 但闪电侠独来独往。
  -Leonard: Okay. How about this? Nobody gets to be The Flash. We all change. Agreed?
  好吧,那这个怎么样? 没人扮演闪电侠. 我们都改,同意吗?
  -Men: Agreed.
  同意
  -Leonard: I call Frodo!
  我演Frodo!
  -Men: Damn!
  该死!
  -Rajesh: Sorry I'm late, but my hammer got stuck in the door on the bus.
  对不起我迟到了,但我的锤子被公车车门夹住了。
  -Leonard: You went with Thor?
  你扮演雷神?
  -Rajesh: What? Just because I'm Indian I can't be a Norse god?
  什么?就因为我是印度人我就不能是雷神?
  No-no-no. Raj has to be an Indian god. That's racism.
  不不不. Raj才是印度的神. 那是种族主义
  I mean, look at Wolowitz.
  我的意思是,看看Wolowitz.
  He's not English, but he's dressed like Peter Pan.
  他不是英国人, 但他穿得像Peter Pan.
  Sheldon is neither sound nor light, but he's obviously the Doppler effect.
  Sheldon既没声音也没光,但他显然是多普勒效应。
  -Howard: I'm not Peter Pan.
  我不是Peter Pan.
  -Howard: I'm Robin Hood.
  我是Robin Hood.
  -Rajesh: Really? Because I saw Peter Pan, and you're dressed exactly like Cathy Rigby.
  是么?因为我看过Peter Pan, 而你穿得跟Cathy Rigby一模一样.
  She was a little bigger than you, but it's basically the same look, man.
  她比你稍大一些, 但基本上是一样的,朋友。
  -Leonard: Sheldon there's something I want to talk to you about before we go to the party.
  Sheldon,在去聚会之前我有些话想跟你说。
  -Sheldon: I don't care if anybody gets it.
  我不介意有人知道。
  I'm going as the Doppler effect.
  我准备扮演多普勒效应。
  -Leonard: No, it's not that.
  不,不是指那个。
  -Sheldon: If I have to, I can demonstrate. Mew~
  如果有必要,我可以示范。Mew~
  -Leonard: Terrific.
  完美.
  This party is my first chance for Penny to see me in the context of her social group, and...
  这次聚会时我第一次有机会让Penny看到我。在她的社交圈里,所以
  -Leonard: and I need you not to embarrass me tonight.
  我要你别在今晚丢我的脸。
  -Sheldon: What exactly do you mean by "embarrass you"?
  别丢你的脸是什么意思?
  -Leonard: For example, tonight, no one needs to know that my middle name is Leakey.
  比如说,今晚没人需要知道我的中间名是Leakey。
  -Sheldon: But there's nothing embarrassing about that.
  但这没什么丢脸的。
  Your father worked with Louis Leakey, a great anthropologist.
  你爸爸为Louis Leakey工作, 一个伟大的人类学者。
  Had nothing to do with your bed-wetting.
  跟你尿床一点关系也没有。
  -Leonard: All I'm saying is that this party is the perfect opportunity for Penny to see me as a member of her peer group, a potential close friend, and perhaps more.
  我想说的是这个聚会是个很好的机会让Penny把我看成她交往群中的一员一个潜在的密友,或更进一步。
  And I don't want to look like a dork.
  所以我不想被看成是一个蠢蛋。
  -Howard: Just a heads up, fellas. If anyone gets lucky, I've got a dozen condoms in my quiver.
  打起精神,伙计们。如果有谁走运,在我的箭筒里有一打避孕套
  -Penny: Hey, guys.
  嘿, 男孩们.
  -Leonard: Hey. Sorry we're late.
  嘿. 对不起我们来晚了。
  -Penny: Late? It's 7:05.
  晚? 现在才7:05.
  -Sheldon: You said the party starts at 7:00.
  你说这聚会是7:00开始.
  -Penny: Yeah, I mean, when you start a party at 7:00, no one shows up at, you know, 7:00.
  是的,我的意思是,当你说7:00开始一个聚会时,没人会, 你知道, 7:00准时出现的.
  -Sheldon: It's 7:05.
  可现在是7:05了.
  -Penny: Yes. Yes, it is.
  是的. 是的, 是的。
  Okay. Well, um, come on in.
  好吧. 行了,嗯, 进来吧.
  -Howard: So, what, are all the girls in the bathroom?
  所以, 那么, 是不是所有的女孩子都在洗手间里?
  -Penny: Probably, but in their own homes.
  可能是, 但是是在她们自己家的.
  -Sheldon: So, what time does the costume parade start?
  那么, 到底什么时候开始角色提名?
  -Penny: The parade?
  提名?
  -Sheldon: Yeah, so the judges can give out the prizes for best costume.
  是啊, 然后评判人可以颁出最佳角色扮演奖
  You know, most frightening, most authentic, most accurate visualization of a scientific principle.
  比如,最令人恐惧奖,最具真实感奖,最准确科学原理视觉表现奖
  -Penny: Oh, Sheldon, I'm sorry, but there aren't going to be any parades or judges or prizes.
  No! 哦, Sheldon, 不好意思,但今天不会有任何提名或者评判或者颁奖
  -Sheldon: This party is just going to suck.
  这个聚会正变得无趣
  -Penny: Come on, it's going to be fun, and you all look great. I mean, look at you, Thor, and, oh, Peter Pan. That's so cute.
  不! 别这样,会很有趣的,你们都看上去很不错我是说,看看你,雷神,而你, 哦,Peter Pan. 真可爱。
  -Leonard: Actually, Penny, he's Robin Hood.
  事实上, Penny, 他是Robin Hood.
  -Howard: I'm Peter Pan.
  我是Peter Pan.
  And I got a handful of pixie dust with your name on it.
  我有些带着你名字的精灵尘
  -Penny: No, you don't. Hey, what's Sheldon supposed to be?
  不,你没有。嘿, Sheldon应该算什么?
  -Leonard: Oh, he's the Doppler effect.
  噢, 他是多普勒效应
  -Sheldon: Yes. It's the apparent change in the frequency of a wave caused by relative motion between the source of the wave and the observer.
  是的. 是一种波动频率的显著变化由波源和观察者的相对运动引起
  -Penny: Oh, sure, I see it now. The Doppler effect.
  噢, 当然, 我现在明白了.多普勒效应.
  All right, I got to shower.
  好了,我要去洗个澡
  You guys... make yourselves comfortable.
  你们,随便玩吧
  -Leonard: Okay.
  行
  -Sheldon: See? People get it.
  看见了吗?别人能懂.
  annihilate:消减,废止
  random:随意,任意
  genre:类型
  Thor:【古挪威雷神,有锤,能产生闪电】
  Doppler effect:【多普勒效应】
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288121.html