生活大爆炸第一季第十五集_1:The Pork Chop(在线收听

   pork chop: 猪排 indeterminacy: 不确定

  -Leonard: On the other hand, some physicists are concerned that if this supercollider actually works, it'll create a black hole and swallow up the Earth, ending life
  as we know it.
  on the other hand: 另一方面 concern: 于…有关 supercollider: 超对撞机
  swallow up: 吞下去
  另一方面一些物理学家认为如果这种超加速器起作用了,会产生一个黑洞,然后如我们所知的,吞噬地球,结束一切生命。
  -Rajesh: What a bunch of crybabies.
  a bunch of: 许多 crybaby: 爱哭的人
  真是一群惜命鬼。
  No guts, no glory, man.
  No guts, no glory: 不入虎穴,焉得虎子
  不入虎穴,焉得虎子嘛。
  -Leonard: Hey, check it out. The School of Pharmacology is looking for volunteers.
  pharmacology: 药理学 look for: 寻找
  嘿,你看。药理学院在招募志愿者。
  -Rajesh: We are testing a new medication for social anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia and obsessive compulsive disorder."
  social anxiety: 社会焦虑 panic: 惊恐 attack: 攻击 agoraphobia: 广场恐怖症
  obsessive compulsive disorder: 强迫症
  我们在试验一种治疗,社交焦虑症,恐慌失措,恐旷症与强迫症的新药
  Why would they be looking for test subjects here?
  subject: 被试者
  他们为何会在这找试验对象?
  -Leonard: I don't know, Raj.
  我不知道,Raj。
  Maybe the comic book store doesn't have a bulletin board.
  comic book: 连环漫画册 bulletin board: 告示牌
  也许漫画店没有公告栏。
  What's going on?
  怎么了?
  -Howard: Shh, shh, hot girl in Sheldon's office.
  嘘,嘘,Sheldon的办公室里有个辣妹。
  -Leonard: Sheldon's office?
  Sheldon的办公室?
  Is she lost?
  她迷路了么?
  -Howard: I don't think so.
  我觉得不是。
  I followed her here from the parking lot.
  parking lot: 停车场
  我从停车场一直跟踪她过来的。
  -Leonard: Maybe she's his lawyer.
  也许她是他的律师。
  -Howard: Well, she's free to examine my briefs.
  brief: 短内裤
  她可以免费检查我的内裤。
  -Leonard: Howard
  Howard。
  -Howard: I know, I'm disgusting. I should be punished... by her.
  disgusting: 令人厌恶的
  我知道,我很恶心,我真该被惩罚...被她。
  Oh, look, I did it again.
  噢,瞧啊,我又来了。
  -Missy: That should do it.
  这样应该行了。
  -Sheldon: Thank you for coming by.
  come by: 来窜门
  谢谢你特意跑一趟。
  -Sheldon: Hello.
  你们好。
  -Leonard: Oh, hey, buddy...
  buddy: 朋友,好伙伴
  嘿,兄弟...
  -Sheldon: Buddy...?
  兄弟...?
  -Howard: Sorry I'm late. I'm working on a project that may take me up on the next space shuttle.
  space shuttle: 航天飞机
  对不起,我来晚了,我刚正在搞一个项目,也许它能让我搭乘下一艘宇宙飞船。
  -Sheldon: How can you be late? I wasn't expecting you at all.
  expect: 预期
  你怎么可能会来晚? 我根本没在等你啊。
  -Howard: Nobody ever expects me. Sometimes you just look and...
  从来没人期待过我,有时候你就是看着然后...
  Bam! Howard Wolowitz.
  嘭! Howard Wolowitz。
  -Leonard: Sheldon, are you going to introduce us?
  Sheldon不帮我们介绍介绍?
  -Sheldon: Oh, all right. Uh, this is Missy. Missy, this is Leonard and Rajesh, and you've already met Howard.
  好吧,这位是Missy Missy,这是Leonard和Rajesh,还有你认识了的Howard。
  -Missy: It's nice to meet you.
  见到你很高兴。
  -Leonard: You, too, as Well, also.
  我也是,也是,也是。
  -Howard: Yeah.
  对了。
  -Leonard: So, how do you two know each other?
  那么你们俩是怎么认识的?
  -Missy: Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head.
  wrap around: 卷绕的
  曾经有九个月时间我的腿绕着他的头。
  -Leonard: Excuse me?
  什么?
  -Sheldon: She's my twin sister. She thinks she's funny, but frankly, I've never been able to see it.
  frankly: 坦白地
  他是我的双胞胎妹妹,她以为自己很幽默,但显然我从来理解不了她的笑话。
  -Missy: That's because you have no measurable sense of humor, Shelly.
  measurable: 可测量的 sense of humor: 幽默感
  那是因为你的幽默感低得测量不出来,Shelly。
  -Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humor?
  幽默感到底是怎么测量的?
  A humormometer?
  humormometer: 【用于测量幽默感的机器】
  幽默计?
  -Howard: Well, I think you're delightfully droll.
  delightfully: 非常 droll: 好笑的
  我觉得你是个非常有趣的人。
  Or, as the French say,trs drale.
  或者像法国人说的très drole。
  -Missy: Okay, so let me see if I got this.
  好吧,看我记住了没有。
  Leonard, Howard and...
  Leonard Howard 还有...
  I'm sorry, what was your name again?
  不好意思你叫什么名字来着?
  -Sheldon: Rajesh.
  Rajesh。
  -Leonard: So, Missy what brings you out away from Texas?
  那么Missy是什么风把你从田纳西吹来了?
  -Howard: Was it perhaps destiny? I think it was destiny.
  destiny: 命运
  也许这是命运? 我想这就是命运。
  -Missy: My friend's getting married at Disneyland tomorrow night.
  我的朋友明晚要在迪斯尼乐园举行婚礼
  -Howard: Destiny, thy name is Anaheim.
  Anaheim: 【阿纳海姆,迪斯尼乐园的所在地】
  命运啊他的名字叫阿纳海姆。
  -Missy: And I had to drop off some papers for Shelly to sign for my dad's estate.
  estate: 房产
  而且不得不顺便带过来一些我父亲的地产文件给Shelly签字。
  -Sheldon: The papers could've been mailed.
  文件可以寄过来的。
  Mom just sent you here to spy on me, didn't she?
  Spy: 侦探
  妈妈让你过来监视我的,是不是?
  -Missy: I guess that's why they call you a genius.
  genius: 天才
  我想这就是为何他们叫你天才。
  -Sheldon: They call me a genius because I'm a genius.
  他们叫我天才是因为我就是个天才。
  Tell Mom that I currently weigh 165 pounds and that I'm having regular bowel movements.
  bowel movement: 肠运动
  告诉妈妈我现在体重165磅,还有我排便运动很规律。
  Enjoy the wedding. Good-bye.
  祝你参加婚礼玩得开心。再见。
  -Leonard: Whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa. If the wedding's not until tomorrow, why don't you stay with us tonight?
  哇,哇,哇,噢,如果婚礼在明天为何今晚不和我们住一起呢?
  -Missy: Oh, I don't think so.
  我不这样想。
  Shelly doesn't like company. Even as a little boy, he'd send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day.
  imaginary: 想象的
  Shelly 不喜欢有伴甚至当他还是个小男孩时,傍晚时他连他想象的朋友都会送回家。
  -Sheldon: They were not friends. They were imaginary colleagues.
  colleague: 同事
  不是朋友,是想象的同事。
  -Leonard: Look, you're here. We have plenty of room.
  瞧啊,你既然已经来了,我们有足够的房间.
  -Sheldon: No, we don't.
  不,我们没有。
  -Howard: Come on, Shelly. She's family.
  别闹,Shelly,她是自家人。
  -Sheldon: So what, I don't issue invitations to your mother.
  issue: 发出
  那又如何我也不会邀请你的妈妈。
  -Missy: Well, it would be nice not to have to drive to Anaheim in rush hour.
  好吧,不用在交通高峰时段开车去阿纳海姆也挺好的。
  -Sheldon: And don't ever call me Shelly.
  还有,别再叫我Shelly。
  -Leonard: So it's settled: you'll stay with us.
  那就这样办,你和我们呆在一起。
  -Howard: Yeah, I'll walk you to your car. You're in structure 3, level C, right?
  好耶,我陪你去取车,在3号停车场C区,对吧?
  -Sheldon: What just happened?
  刚刚发生了什么事?
  -Missy: So anyway, we're eight years old and Sheldon converts my Easy Bake Oven
  to some kind of high-powered furnace.
  convert: 使转变  Easy Bake Oven: 【简易烤箱】 high-powered: 高能效的
  furnace: 熔炉
  总之,我们8岁的时候,Sheldon把我的简易烤箱改装成了高能熔炉。
  -Leonard: Just classic.
  真经典。
  -Sheldon: I need a place to fire ceramic semiconductor substrates for homemade integrated circuits.
  ceramic: 陶瓷的 semiconductor: 半导体 integrated: 整合的 circuit: 电路
  我得找个地方为自制的集成电路烤制陶瓷半导体基底。
  -Missy: He was trying to build some sort of armed robot to keep me out of his room.
  他当时想制造某种武装机器人把我挡在他的房门外面。
  -Sheldon: Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room.
  insistence: 坚持
  因为她总坚持要进我房间。
  -Missy: Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you.
  corn muffin: 玉米松饼
  总之,别人给了我些小玉米松饼,我想拿去烤。
  There's a big flash. Next thing you know my eyebrows are gone.
  eyebrow: 眉毛 flash: 闪光
  只见一道闪光,接下来我的眉毛不见了。
  -Howard: Not your eyebrows.
  不会吧,你的眉毛。
  -Missy: Yep, I had to go through the entire second grade with crooked eyebrows my mom drew on.
  cooked: 弯曲的
  是的,后来我整个二年级,只能让妈妈给我画上扭曲的眉毛。
  -Sheldon: Is that what that was?
  事实是那样的么?
  I just assumed that the second grade curriculum had rendered you quizzical.
  assume: 设想 curriculum: 课程 render: 致使 quizzical: 可笑的
  我还以为是二年级的课程弄得你愁眉苦脸的呢。
  -Penny: Hey, Leonard, you left your underwear in the dryer downstairs.
  underwear: 内衣
  嘿,Leonard你把你的内裤忘在楼下的烘干机里了。
  -Leonard: Those are not mine.
  那不是我的。
  -Penny: Really? They have your little name label in them.
  label: 标签
  真的么?里面还有你名字的标签呢。
  -Leonard: Yeah... no, I do... I... I use those, uh, just to polish up my spear fishing equipment.
  Polish: 擦亮 spear: 矛
  这样啊... 不我是... 我... 我用那些呃,只是擦亮我的渔枪装备。
  I spear fish.
  我猎鱼。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288150.html