生活大爆炸第一季第十六集_2:The Peanut Reaction(在线收听

   -Penny: So what'd you get the birthday boy?

  你们给生日主角准备了什么?
  -Howard:Well, Raj got him an awesome, limited edition Dark Knight sculpture
  awesome:棒极了 limited edition:限量版 Knight :骑士   sculpture:雕塑
  Raj给他准备了一个非常棒的限量版暗夜骑士人形玩偶,
  based on Alex Ross's definitive Batman.
  definitive:明确的
  基于Alex Ross确认的蝙蝠侠形象 ( 以画超级英雄著称的美国漫画家)。
  And I got him this amazing autographed copy
  amazing:令人惊异的 autographed:亲笔签名的
  我给他的是费曼物理讲义,
  of The Feynman Lectures on Physics.
  Feynman:费曼,美国物理学家,曾获得1965年诺贝尔物理学奖
  是亲笔署名的,绝对令人惊喜。
  -Penny: Nice. I got him a sweater.
  sweater:毛衣
  不错,我给他的是件毛衣。
  -Howard:Okay, well, he might like that. I've seen him get chilly.
  chilly:寒冷的
  他可能会喜欢的,我看到他打过寒颤。
  Sheldon, I didn't see your present.
  Sheldon我还没看到你的礼物呢。
  -Sheldon:That's because I didn't bring one.
  因为我没准备。
  -Penny: Why not?
  为什么?
  -Howard:Don't ask.
  别问了。
  -Sheldon:The entire institution of gift-giving makes no sense.
  entire:全部的 institution:惯例,习俗
  互赠礼物的机制根本毫无意义,
  -Howard:Too late.
  太晚了。
  -Sheldon:Let's say I go out
  假设我出去了,
  and I spend $50 on you. It's a laborious activity
  laborious:费力的 activity:活动
  然后为你花了50美元,这纯粹是费力的活动,
  because I have to imagine what you need,
  我还得考虑你需要什么,
  whereas you know what you need.
  whereas:但是,然而
  然而只有你知道你需要什么。
  Now, I could simplify things-- just give you the $50 directly,
  simplify:简化 directly:直接地
  那么我可以把事情简化... 直接给你那50美元。
  and then you could give me $50
  然后你会在我生日时给我50美元。
  on my birthday, and so on, until one of us dies,
  如此反复,直到我们中的一人死去。
  leaving the other one old and $50 richer.
  the other one:另一个
  另一个老家伙就会比这人富有50美元。
  And I ask you, is it worth it?
  worth it:有必要
  我问你这样有好处吗?
  -Howard:Told you not to ask.
  告诉你别问了。
  -Penny:Sheldon ,You are his friend.
  Sheldon你是他的朋友。
  Friends give each other presents.
  朋友之间会赠送礼物的。
  -Sheldon:I accept your premise, I reject your conclusion.
  premise:前提 reject:拒绝   conclusion:结论
  我接受你的前提但拒绝接受你的结论。
  -Howard:Try telling him it's a non-optional social convention.
  non-optional:没有选择的 convention:习俗,惯例
  告诉他这是不可选择的社会习俗。
  -Penny:What?
  什么?
  -Howard:Just do it.
  就这样说。
  -Penny:It's a non-optional... social convention.
  这是不可选择的... 社会习俗。
  -Sheldon:Oh. Fair enough.
  Fair enough:同意或接受但有所保留
  噢,这理由可以接受。
  He came with a manual.
  manual:手册
  他还有附送的使用手册。
  -Sheldon:Question--
  问题...
  how am I going to get Leonard a present before the party?
  我怎么才能赶在派对之前给Leonard买到礼物呢?
  I don't drive and the only things available
  available:可用的
  我不会开车但是在步行范围内
  within walking distance are a Thai restaurant and a gas station.
  walking distance:步行距离  gas station:加油站
  只有一间泰式餐馆和加油站。
  I suppose I could wrap up an order of mee krob and a couple of lottery scratchers.
  suppose:猜想 wrap up:包裹 lottery:彩票 scratchers:刮刮卡
  我想可以打包一份泰式米粉还有几张刮刮彩票。
  -Penny:Okay let's do this--
  好吧,行动吧...
  I will drive Sheldon to get a present.
  我开车带Sheldon去买礼物。
  And Howard, you need to get rid of Leonard for about two hours.
  get rid of:摆脱
  Howard你把Leonard骗出去大概两个小时。
  -Howard:No problem.
  没问题。
  -Penny:And then, Raj, you bring the stuff across the hall and start setting up.
  stuff:东西   hall:走廊 setting up:准备,安排
  然后Raj你把东西拿到对面可以开始布置了。
  -Howard:What if guests show up?
  客人来了怎么办?
  -Penny:Entertain them.
  Entertain:招待
  招待他们。
  -Howard:What if they're women?
  如果是女客人呢?
  -Penny:Stare at them and make them feel uncomfortable.
  Stare at:盯着 uncomfortable:不舒服
  盯着她们让她们觉得不舒服。
  -Howard:Hey.
  嘿。
  -Leonard:Hey.
  嘿。
  -Howard:How's it going on?
  怎么样啦?
  -Leonard:Fine.
  很好。
  -Howard:So listen, the NuArt is showing the revised, definitive cut of Blade Runner.
  revised:修改过的 cut:剪切
  听好,NuArt影院正在上映最终修改版的"银翼杀手"。
  -Leonard:Seen it.
  看过了。
  -Howard:No, you've seen the 25th Anniversary Final Cut.
  Anniversary:周年纪念
  不,你看过的是25周年的剪切版。
  This one has eight seconds of previously unseen footage.
  previously:以前 unseen:看不到的 footage:电影片段
  这次是含有8秒珍贵的未公开片段。
  They say it completely changes the tone of the film.
  tone:风格,腔调
  他们说这将完全改变电影基调。
  -Leonard:Uh... pass.
  呃...算了。
  -Howard:Come on.
  不是吧。
  Afterwards, there's a Q & A with Harrison Ford's body double.
  Afterwards:然后 Q & A:访谈节目 body double:替身
  然后还有哈里森?福特的替身访谈。
  -Leonard:Look, I'm in the Halo battle of my life here.
  Halo(图画中圣人头上的)光环,灵光 battle:战斗
  你看,我还在"光晕"战争的紧要关头呢 ("光晕"XBOX著名的电脑游戏)。
  There's this kid in Copenhagen-- he has no immune system,
  Copenhagen:哥本哈根 immune system:免疫系统 immune:有免疫力的
  这个哥本哈根的孩子... 他没有免疫系统,
  so all he does is sit in his bubble and play Halo 24-seven.
  bubble:泡影
  所以他只好待在隔菌罩里7天24小时只能玩"光晕"。
  -Howard:Can't you play him some other time?
  你就不能改天跟他玩吗?
  -Leonard:Not if you believe his doctors.
  除非你不相信他医生的话。
  -Howard:Oh, my God, do you smell gas?
  噢,天,你闻到煤气味了吗?
  -Leonard:No.
  没有。
  -Howard:Yeah, No.
  对,没有。
  -Penny:You know, they have DVDs over there.
  那边有卖DVD的。
  -Sheldon:Yes, but they have DVD burners over here.
  burners:刻录机
  没错,但是DVD刻录机在这里。
  Leonard needs a DVD burner.
  Leonard需要一台刻录机。
  -Penny:Sheldon, a gift shouldn't be something someone needs,
  Sheldon礼物并不应是对方需要的,
  it should be something fun.
  应该是些有趣的东西。
  You know, something they wouldn't buy for themself.
  你知道一些他们不会为自己买的。
  -Sheldon:You mean like a sweater?
  你是说比如毛衣?
  -Penny:It's a fun sweater. It's got a bold geometric print.
  bold:醒目的 geometric:几何的 print:图案
  这是件有趣的毛衣,有很大的几何图案。
  -Sheldon:Is it the geometry that makes it fun?
  几何图案就很有趣?
  -Penny:Okay...
  好了...
  The point is one of the ways we show we care about people
  关键是通过礼物传递我们的关爱,
  is by putting thought and imagination into the gifts we get them.
  thought:关心 imagination:愿望
  这些美好的愿望都包含在礼物里了。
  -Sheldon:Okay, I see. So, not a DVD burner.
  好的,我明白了,那就不买DVD刻录机了。
  -Penny:Exactly.
  没错。
  -Sheldon:Something he wouldn't buy for himself. Something fun. Something like...
  他不会给自己买的东西,有趣的东西,就像...
  an 802-11N wireless router!
  wireless:无线电 router:路由器
  802-11N无线路由器!
  -Leonard:Here you go, Copenhagen boy.
  Copenhagen:根本哈根
  轮到你了,哥本哈根小孩。
  How about a taste of Hans Christian hand grenade?
  Hans:德国人 hand grenade:手榴弹
  尝尝德国手榴弹的滋味怎么样?
  Oh, that could not feel good.
  那一定很糟。
  Come on, come... Oh, you clever...
  来呀来... 你个聪明的...
  Come on. Come on. Take that!
  来啊来啊,看这个!
  What's the matter?
  怎么了?
  -Howard:This granola bar, it has peanuts in it!
  granola:格兰诺拉麦片(源出商标名)
  甜麦棒上面有花生!
  -Leonard:Oh, my God. Why did you eat it?
  老天,你干嘛吃它?
  -Howard:I don't know. It was just there!
  我不知道,它就在那里的!
  -Leonard:If I had a gun there, would you have shot yourself?
  如果那里有把枪,你会朝自己开枪?
  -Howard:Don't yell at me!
  yell at:对…吼叫
  别朝我嚷嚷!
  I've got to go to the emergency room!
  emergency room:急诊室
  我要去急诊室!
  -Leonard:Now?!
  现在?!
  -Howard:No, after my tongue has swollen to the size of a brisket!
  tongue:舌头 swollen:swell的过去分词,肿胀 brisket:(兽类的)胸肉
  难道等到我的舌头肿成鸡胸肉!
  -Leonard:All right, uh, just let me get my keys.
  也对,我拿钥匙去。
  Oh, God, oh, God, oh, God!
  天啊,天啊!
  The laundry is out of the hamper.
  laundry:洗衣机 hamper:阻碍物
  洗衣机已经腾空。
  -Howard:Okay, Sheldon, what was it supposed to be?
  好了,Sheldon你在说什么?
  Fine. It's out of the washer!
  washer:洗衣机
  好吧,已经腾出洗衣机了!
  I'll call you when it's in the dryer.
  dryer:干衣机
  等它进烘干机时我再给你电话。
  -Leonard:All right, let's go.
  好了,我们走。
  -Sheldon:What do You think?
  你觉得买哪个呢?
  -Penny:Um, that one.
  那个。
  -Sheldon:Because of the two additional Ethernet ports?
  additional:额外的 Ethernet:以太网 ports:端口
  因为有两个额外的以太网端口?
  -Penny:Sure.
  是啊。
  -Sheldon:He doesn't need them.
  他不需要的。
  He's already got a six-port Ethernet switch.
  switch:转换器
  他已有个6端口的以太网转换器了。
  -Penny:Oh, okay, then this one.
  那好,就这个。
  -Sheldon:Why?
  为什么?
  -Penny:'I don''t know.'
  我不知道。
  The man on the box looks so happy.
  盒子上那个人看起来多开心啊。
  -Sheldon:Penny, if I'm going to buy Leonard a gift,
  Penny如果我要给Leonard礼物
  I'm going to do it right.
  我就要挑对的。
  I refuse to let him experience the same childhood trauma I did.
  refuse:拒绝 trauma:心灵创伤
  我不想让他遭受跟我一样的童年创伤。
  -Penny:I know I'm gonna regret this, but: What trauma?
  gonna=going to   regret:懊悔
  我知道问了我会后悔,可是,是什么创伤?
  -Sheldon:On my 12th birthday, I really wanted a titanium centrifuge
  titanium:钛合金 centrifuge:离心机
  我12岁生日时很想要一台钛合金的离心分离机,
  so, you know, I could separate radioactive isotopes.
  separate:分离 radioactive:放射性的 isotope:同位素
  那我就可以分离放射性同位素了。
  -Penny:Of course.
  当然。
  Instead of a titanium centrifuge, my parents bought me...
  Instead of:用…代替…
  但我父母没有给我钛合金分离机,而是...
  Wow, this is hard.
  真难说出口。
  They got me
  他们给我
  a motorized.
  motorized:摩托化的dirt bike:小型摩托车
  一辆山地摩托车。
  -Penny:No?
  不是吧!
  -Sheldon:What 12-year-old boy wants a motorized dirt bike?
  哪个12岁男孩会想要山地摩托车?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288154.html