生活大爆炸第二季第一集_1:The Bad Fish Paradigm(在线收听

   Leonard: So you see, what you are eating is not technically yogurt, because it doesn't have enough live acidophilus cultures.

  technically: 技术上的,学术上的 yogurt: 酸奶 acidophilus: 嗜酸的
  你喝的不是酸奶,因为没有足够的乳酸菌,
  It's really just ice milk with carrageenan added for thickness.
  carrageenan: 卡拉胶 thickness: 厚度
  其实不过是用卡拉胶加稠的冻牛奶罢了。
  -Penny: Oh, that's very interesting.
  真有趣啊。
  -Leonard: It's also not pink and has no berries.
  berry: 浆果类
  不仅颜色不对,也没有果肉。
  -Penny: Yeah, but it doesn't really answer my question.
  是,但你并没有正面回答我的问题。
  -Leonard: What was your question again?
  你问的啥?
  -Penny: Do you want some?
  来点不?
  -Leonard: Oh... Right. No. I'm lactose intolerant. Right. So, gas.
  lactose: 乳糖 intolerant: 不能容忍的(偏执的)
  对啊,还是算了我有乳糖不耐症是啊,遗憾啊。
  -Penny: Yeah, got it.
  明白了。
  -Leonard: Well... good night.
  好吧,晚安了。
  -Penny: What are you doing?
  你这是干吗?
  -Leonard: Oh, there's a draft.
  这儿凉快
  -Penny: I didn't feel a draft.
  我怎么没觉着。
  -Leonard: Why don't we just go into, uh, your...
  我们何不去...你....
  -Penny: Oh. Yeah, you know what; maybe we should slow things down a little.
  slow down: 减速
  你知道吗?也许我们该放慢点速度。
  -Leonard: No, no, I didn't mean to go into your apartment to go fast.
  apartment: 公寓
  不,我不是说要去你的公寓去"加速"。
  -Penny: No, I know. I know what you meant, it's just... this is only our first date.
  date: 约会
  我知道,我明白你的意思,只是这才是我们第一次约会。
  -Leonard: Yeah, okay, sure, no problem. Why don't we just figure out where we're going and when we want to get there?
  figure out: 算出,想出,理解
  恩,好的,明白那我们不如想下接下来如何以及要用多久才可以到达。
  And then rate of speed equals distance over time. Solve for R.
  distance: 距离
  通过路程和时间计算出我们的速度。解决了。
  -Penny: Or we could just wing it.
  wing: [美国俚语]临时准备;临时凑成
  或者我们走一步看一步呢。
  -Leonard: That might work, too.
  这样应该也行。
  -Penny: Good night, Leonard.
  晚安,Leonard。
  -Leonard: Good night.
  晚安。
  -Raj: He's coming-- screensaver!
  screensaver: 屏幕保护动画
  他过来了,快开屏保。
  -Howard: Oh, hey, Leonard. How was your date?
  嘿!Leonard,约会如何?
  -Leonard: Bite me. Sheldon, how could you just sit there Sheldon and let them spy on me?
  bite me : 去死了你(过来打我吧) spy: 暗中监视,暗中观察
  关你鸟事。你怎么能坐在那里放纵他们窥视我呢?
  -Sheldon: They were clever, Leonard. They exploited my complete lack of interest in what you were doing.
  lack of: 缺乏
  他们聪明啊,Leonard。竟然发现了我对你的鸟事完全没兴趣。
  -Howard: You should thank us. When future generations try to determine why your relationship with Penny crashed and burned this right here is the black box.
  generation: 后代 determine: 决定,确定 crash and burn: 彻底失败;累垮
  你应该感谢我们的,当后代们想要搞清楚你和Penny从相恋到失恋是怎么个过程时,这可就是"黑匣子"啊。
  -Leonard: What are you talking about? The date went fine.
  你在说什么啊? 约会进行得很顺利
  -Raj: Dude, she said she wants to slow things down.
  伙计,她可说了她想慢下来。
  -Leonard: Okay, so she said she wants to slow things down.
  好吧,她说想把发展速度慢下来,
  It's like saying, "I'm really enjoying this meal. I'm going to slow down and savor it."
  savor: 尽情享受
  就像在说 "这顿饭太美妙了,我真想把时间停下尽情享受。"
  -Howard: No, it's like, "This fish tastes bad, so I'm gonna slow down and spit it out."
  gonna=going to spit out: 吐出
  不,她是想说“这些臭鱼真难吃。我可得慢下来,吐个干净。”
  -Raj: You being the fish.
  你就是那鱼。
  -Leonard: I'm not the fish.
  我才不是。
  -Howard: Oh, really? Did you make a second date?
  真的吗? 那你约好下一次了吗?
  -Leonard: Well, no, we sort of decided to wing it.
  sort of: 有几分地(稍稍,到某种程度) wing it: 随机应变
  恩,还没,我们决定走一步看一步。
  -Sheldon: Oh, even I know that's lame.
  lame: 跛足的,僵痛的,不完全的
  天,连我都知道那是个废话。
  -Leonard: Okay, all right, let's assume your hypothesis. We went to dinner, we talked, we laughed, we kissed.
  assume: 假定,设想 hypothesis: 假设
  好吧,我们就按照你们的假说来设想,我们一起去吃晚饭,开心地聊天还接吻了。
  Where could I have possibly gone wrong?
  possibly: 可能地,也许
  我能有哪里做得不对啊?
  -Howard: Think back, Leonard. The littlest things can set women off. Like, "Hey, the
  waitress is hot;
  set off: 引起;激起 waitress: 女服务员
  再想想Leonard,最小的细节也能触动女人的,就像 "看这个服务员真辣阿
  I bet we could get her to come home with us."
  I bet: 我确信;我敢打赌
  我敢说咱们可以带上她一起回家。"
  Or, "How much does your mom weigh? I want to know what I'm getting into."
  weigh: 重量 get into: 进入
  或者 "你妈妈多重? 我只是想进一步了解'未来的你'"
  -Leonard: I didn't say anything like that.
  我可没有这么说。
  -Howard: Good, 'cause they don't work.
  ‘cause=because
  好的,因为这些话一点用都没有。
  -Raj: They also don't care for it. If you stare at them and hyperventilate. Sadly, that's my
  home run swing.
  stare at: 凝视 hyperventilate: 换气过度;强力呼吸
  如果你死盯着她们大喘粗气也会令她们讨厌的,很遗憾我们全家都这个德行。
  -Leonard: Look, everything went fine. I didn't even have to refer to my impromptu conversation starters. That woman across the hall is into me.
  refer to: 涉及 impromptu: 即席的,即兴的 conversation: 对话 be into: 喜欢,被迷住
  嘿!一切都很顺利的,我甚至都没有用上我的即兴开场白,走廊对面那个女孩子看上我了!
  -Howard: Let's go to the tape. Look at her reaction to the good night kiss.
  reaction: 反应
  我们还是看录像算了,瞧她对那个"我和你吻别在无人的夜" 的反应吧,
  No change in respiration, pupils un-dilated, no flushing of the chest.
  respiration: 呼吸 pupil: 瞳孔 dilated: 加宽的, 扩大的 flush: 流溢,面红,旺盛
  我呼吸无变化,瞳孔无放大,胸部无抖动。
  -Raj: Nice close-up, by the way.
  close-up: 特写镜头
  不过你这大特写可拍得真好。
  -Sheldon: Interesting. Her jaws are clenched, no tongue access. Clearly a bad sign amongst mating humans.
  jaw: 咽喉 clench: 牢牢抓住,钉紧 tongue: 舌头 access: 进入 mating: 交配
  有趣啊,她咬紧牙关写着"打死我舌头也不让进",对交配期的人类来说无疑是个坏兆头。
  -Leonard: That's not a bad sign.
  才不是你说的那样。
  -Sheldon: Please, you might as well have been two iguanas with no dewlap enlargement.
  iguana: 美洲大蜥蜴 dewlap: 垂肉 enlargement: 扩大
  得了吧,你俩还不如当两只没有双下巴的大蜥蜴算了。
  -Raj: And the worst sign of all is you're here and not there.
  最糟糕的是,你现在在这里,而不是"那里。"
  -Leonard: I'm not there. Because I'm taking things slow, which, by the way, compared to you guys, approaches warp speed. And take down that camera.
  Compare to: 对比 approach: 途径,方法 warp: 弯,歪曲
  我不在"那里。"因为我想慢慢来。不过话说回来,对你们来说,这已经是飞速了。拜托把那个摄像头拆了!
  -Raj: He was a lot more fun when he had no hope.
  他绝望的时候好玩多了。
  -Howard: Give him time.
  给他点时间吧。
  -Penny: Hi.
  嗨。
  -Sheldon: Oh, hi, Penny. FYI, the hot water is inadequate on machine two so colors only,
  inadequate: 不够的
  嗨!Penny。顺便提醒一下二号机热水不够,只能洗带颜色的,
  and four is still releasing the fabric softener too early in the cycle, so I'd avoid using that for your delicates.
  release: 释放 fabric: 织物,布,结构 softener: 软化剂,柔软剂 avoid: 避免 delicate: 雅致的,精致的
  还有四号机仍然会提前流出柔顺剂,所以你那些好衣服就别用这一台洗了。
  -Penny: Thanks.
  谢谢。
  -Sheldon: Oh, good Lord...why don't you just take your clothes down to the river and beat them with a rock?
  上帝啊,为什么你不直接把衣服脱掉,用河里的石头"敲"干净。
  -Penny: Sheldon, can I ask you a question?
  Sheldon,能问你个事吗?
  -Sheldon: I would prefer that you not, but I won't go so far as to forbid it.
  forbid: 禁止,不准
  我宁愿你不问,但是我不会阻止你的。
  -Penny: All right, I heard yes, so...Okay, here’s my question. Has Leonard ever dated, you know, a regular girl?
  regular: 正规的
  好吧,那你是答应了;好的,我的问题是:Leonard是否曾经和一个正常的女孩约会过呢?
  -Sheldon: Well, I assume you're not referring to digestive regularity. Because I've come to learn that such inquiries are inappropriate.
  refer to: 涉及 digestive: 消化的 regularity: 有规则,匀整,调和 inquiry: 打听,询问 inappropriate: 不适当的
  我想你不是指"消化正常"吧? 因为我觉得这样问不太合适。
  -Penny: No, I meant, has he ever been involved with someone who wasn't a brainiac?
  involve with: 涉及 brainiac: 异常聪明的人
  不,没有。我是说他有没有和一个不是"大脑发达"的女孩交往过?
  -Sheldon: Oh! Well, a few years ago, he did go out with a woman who had a PhD in French literature.
  PhD=Doctor of Philosophy
  几年之前他倒是和一个法国文学女博士约会过。
  -Penny: How is that not a brainiac?
  那怎么能叫做"非大脑发达"?
  -Sheldon: Well, for one thing, she was French. For another, it was literature.
  for one thing, for another: 首先,其次 literature: 文学
  第一个原因,她是法国人;第二个原因,文学诶。
  -Penny: So... do you think that if Leonard and I keep dating, he'll eventually get bored with me?
  eventually: 最后
  那么...你觉得如果Leonard和我继续约会,最终他会对我失去兴趣吗?
  -Sheldon: That depends.
  那得看情况了。
  -Penny: On what?
  看什么?
  -Sheldon: Do you have a working knowledge of quantum physics?
  knowledge: 知识 quantum: 分配量,额,量 physics: 物理
  你具备量子物理的知识吗?
  -Penny: No.
  不。
  -Sheldon: Do you speak Klingon?
  那你会说"克林贡语"吗? (星际迷航)
  -Penny: No.
  不会。
  -Sheldon: You know any card tricks?
  trick: 恶作剧
  会变扑克牌戏法吗?
  -Penny: Okay, you know what... I get it.
  好吧,我知道了。
  Leonard has no business being involved with a waitress-slash-actress who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.
  slash: 斜线 insecure: 不安全的 community: 社区
  Leonard和一个骗他说是社区大学毕业的,自我感觉不良好的服务员/演员没有任何共同点。
  -Sheldon: Why would you lie about that?
  这你干吗要撒谎啊?
  -Penny: Well, he was going on and on about this college and that grad school, and I... I didn't want him to think I was some kind of stupid loser.
  grad school:研究生院,研究所
  他不停地说这个大学,那个研究生院而我... 我不想他把我看作一个失败的笨蛋。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288212.html