减肥瘦身英语口语话题 第104期:跑出好身材(在线收听

   Unit 104:Run for it

  第104单元:跑出好身材
  Serious runners are renowed for their slender physiques,thanks to the hundreds of calories a good run eats up.
  真的跑者皆以体态苗条著称,这都要归功于跑步可消耗好几百卡路里。
  If you're a beginner,you'll need to build up your endurance slowly.
  如果你是个初跑者,必须先慢慢培养耐力。
  For starters,simply walk a block or two,then run a block,then walk again.
  对初跑者而言,刚开始先走一两个街区后,再跑一个街区,然后再走。
  Slowly increase your distance.about 10 percent a week.
  慢慢把距离加大,大约一个星期增加百分之十的距离。
  Three times a week over a period of several weeks,try to run longer distances and walk less.
  先试跑几个星期.每周跑三次,每次试跑远一点,走少一点。
  You may start out feeling like a sorry sack of potatoes,but you'll probably be surprised at how quickly you can progress.
  刚开始你也许觉得自已活像是一大袋可怜的马铃薯,但慢慢地你可能会很惊讶自己竟能进步得这么快。
  "A runner friend of mine spent a good year hounding me to try it,"recalls Linda McCall,a 35一year--old teacher from St.Louis.
  住在圣路易一位三十五岁名叫琳达.麦柯的老师回忆道:"我有一位跑步的朋友唠叨了整整一年叫我去跑步,
  "I couldn't imagine dragging my poor body down the street,but I did want to lose 15 pounds,
  我无法想象自己拖着臃肿的身躯上街跑步会是什么模样,但是我真的想减掉十五磅。
  so a couple of years ago I finally went out one day early in the morning.
  所以在几年前的某个清晨,我终于开始外出运动。
  I walked a half mile,then ran a block,then walked home.
  我先走了半英里,再跑一个街区;然后就走路回家。
  The next day, I ran a little farther,and the next day farther still.
  隔天,我跑得远一点,再接下来的一天,又跑得更远一点。
  Before long,I was running for 30 minutes straight,which I continue to do three times a week.
  不久以后,我已可以一口气跑三十分钟,且每个星期持续跑三次。
  I'll never run a marathon,but I feel great.
  我永远不可能去跑马拉松,但是我感觉很好。
  And I've lost 20 pounds一not 15!"
  而且我现在已减掉二十磅,而非十五磅!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfssky/314614.html