纸牌屋第一季 第101期:现在形势已经不同了(在线收听

   We have contacts there through our oil interest.

  我们因为石油交易和那边有联系
  I'm going to need government intervention.
  我需要政府的干预
  Wherever there's a government, we know people.
  有政府的地方我们就有人脉
  Even when there's only the illusion of a government.
  哪怕只是个不成形政府
  Will you help me?
  你会帮我吗
  I'd like to.
  我很愿意
  But for something like this, I'm afraid there's a price tag.
  但办这么大事,可是要花钱的
  The C.W.I. will endorse Sancorp as ecofriendly.
  净水计划会为桑科做环保认证
  They can use our logo on any PR
  他们可以在任何公关和营销材料上
  or marketing materials you want.
  使用我们的标志
  纸牌屋第1季.jpg
  We'll need more than that.
  这可不够
  They were willing to donate over a million for that.
  他们之前肯为这些捐一百多万
  These filters are only worth $200,000.
  那些滤水器只有二十万
  I'd say that's a bargain.
  这已经很划算了
  You turned down that offer.
  可你拒绝了那笔钱
  Landscape has shifted since then.
  现在形势已经不同了
  The watershed bill? That's right.
  流域法案,没错
  You want it amended?
  你要我修改法案吗
  I want you to kill it, the whole thing.
  我要你让法案流产
  C.W.I. has publicly backed the bill, Remy.
  净水计划已经公开支持这项法案了,雷米
  What you do publicly is your concern.
  明面上的事我不管
  Gentlemen. Please, have a seat.
  先生们,请坐
  So have either of you changed your mind since we last spoke?
  我们上次谈话之后你们改主意了吗
  We're still undecided, Frank.
  我们还没拿定主意,弗兰克
  Leaning one way or the other?
  倾向赞成还是反对呢
  If congress is going to allocate a quarter billion dollars,
  如果国会要注资2.5亿美元
  we want to make sure it goes towards a
  我们希望这笔钱能投到
  bill that does more to protect the...
  更有利于环保的...
  We've been through all that. I know your concerns.
  这些我们都谈过了,我了解你们的顾虑
  So if the protection standards don't change,
  所以如果法案的环保措施不能提高
  we would rather see that money spent more effectively elsewhere.
  我们更希望把钱花在更有效的举措上
  That sounds like you're both leaning no.
  那就是说你们都倾向于反对了
  We've been very clear about what we're asking.
  我们的要求一直非常明确
  Okay.
  好吧
  This is you, Abrams.
  这个是你,艾布拉姆斯
  And this is you, Vanderburgh.
  这个是你,范德博格
  And over here...
  这边
  is the majority of the Democratic caucus.
  是大多数民主党成员
  See, you're over there all by your lonesome.
  你们就站在那边孤军奋战
  Now, you don't mind being the black sheep.
  你们并不介意做害群之马
  You're the liberal wing of the liberal wing.
  你们是左派中的左派
  Most of the time you can vote what you want,
  多数时候你们怎么投票都行
  we still pass things anyway.
  反正法案总能获得通过
  But this time
  但这次
  it does matter.
  你们的票很重要
  And what the two of you aren't taking into account
  而你们两个没有考虑到的
  is between this end of the desk and this end of the desk...
  是处在桌子这端和这端之间的
  is me.
  是我
  Now, I'm going to say to you what I say to every congressman
  下面我要说其他曾坐在这里的议员
  that sits where you're sitting now.
  也听我说过的话
  Vote your district. Vote your conscience.
  投票要顾及你的选区,凭良心
  Don't surprise me.
  别让我措手不及
  And the most important one of those...
  而其中最重要的一点
  is don't surprise me.
  就是别让我措手不及
  Now, you're both to meet with my wife tomorrow.
  你们俩明天要和我妻子会面
  And you're to hear her out.
  你们要洗耳恭听
  She will go through your concerns pointbypoint.
  她会逐项解答你们的顾虑
  And I am certain after that
  我敢保证,之后
  that the two of you will make the right decision.
  你们会做出正确的决定
  This is the part where you leave.
  你们该走了
  I have often found that bleeding hearts
  我常发现流血的心(悲天悯人者)
  have a ironic fear of their own blood.
  反而很害怕流血
  One drop and they seize up.
  流一滴就会罢工
  But offer them a caring hand and massage them back to life
  不过只要伸出关爱之手,将它按摩复苏
  and they soon start beating to the right drum.
  它就能很快跳动正确的节奏
  Hello.
  喂
  I've just spoken to Abrams and Vanderburgh.
  我刚跟艾布拉姆斯和范德博格谈过了
  Let them toss and turn tonight,
  就让他们今晚辗转反侧去吧
  but they're all yours tomorrow.
  明天就看你的了
  I'll reach out to their offices and set a time.
  我会联络他们的办公室,约个时间
  Thank you, Claire.
  谢谢你,克莱尔
  Of course. Whatever I can do to help.
  应该的,能帮上忙就好
  Here you go, sir. Enjoy.
  您点的餐,先生,请慢用
  Excuse me.
  不好意思
  There's a hair on my steak.
  牛排上有根头发
  I am so sorry, sir. Where?
  真抱歉,先生,在哪里
  Right there.
  就在这儿
  I don't see it.
  我没看到
  Are you telling me I'm blind?
  你是说我没长眼睛吗
  No, sir. I'm so sorry.
  不是,先生,真对不起
  I'll have the kitchen... What's your name?
  我让厨师... 你叫什么
  Stephanie.
  斯蒂芬妮
  You can leave the plate, Stephanie.
  盘子就放这儿,斯蒂芬妮
  I'd like to talk to the manager.
  我想和你们经理谈谈
  Yes, sir. I'll go get him.
  好的,先生,我去叫他
  Thank you.
  谢谢
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/317670.html