赖世雄观光英语通60:检查车辆(在线收听

   赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。

  Checking the Car
  检查车辆
  Kathy and Evan are inside the customs building.
  凯西和艾凡在海关大楼里面。
  K:Gee, do you think there's any problem?
  凯西:咦,你想有任何问题吗?
  E:I hope not! We're not doing anything wrong. She said our papers are in order, and we're not carrying any contraband. I guess she meant what she said. They're just doing a random search.
  艾凡:希望没有!我们没有做错任何事。她说我们的文件都没问题,况且我们也没有携带任何违禁品。我猜她说话算话,他们只是在做一项抽查而已
  K:I don't see anyone else's car being pulled over.
  凯西:我没有看到其它人的车子被拦下来。
  E:Well, we'll find out soon enough. Hey, look, Kathy! There are two officers looking through our car.
  艾凡:嗯,我们很快就会知道了。嘿,凯西,瞧!有两名海关官员在检查我们的车子。
  K:Are they looking in our suitcases?
  凯西:他们是不是在检查我们的行李箱?
  E:No, just the car. One is looking under the hood, and the other one is looking in the trunk.
  艾凡:没有,只检查车子。一名海关官员检查引擎罩下面,而另外一名官员则检查后车箱。
  K:Maybe they're searching for drugs. A lot of young people use drugs these days. We're from the States. Maybe they think we're drug dealers.
  凯西:也许他们在搜查毒品。时下有许多年轻人嗑药。我们是美国人。也许他们认为我们是毒贩。
  E:Do we look like drug dealers?
  艾凡:我们看起来像是毒贩吗?
  K:Who knows? Maybe they're just being careful. How long do you think they'll take?
  凯西:谁知道呢?他们也许只是小心罢了。你认为他们会花多久的时间呢?
  E:She said about 10 minutes. Oh, look! Now one of the officers is leaving. The other one is looking under the seats.
  艾凡:她说大概十分钟左右。哦,瞧!有一名官员现在走开了。另外那个在检查车椅下面。
  K:Gee, this is kind of scary.
  凯西:天啊,这真有点吓人。
  E:We didn't do anything wrong, so we have nothing to fear.
  艾凡:我们没有做错任何事,所以没有什么好怕的。
  K:Yeah, you're right. Denmark is a civilized country. We have nothing to fear.
  凯西:是啊,你说的对。丹麦是一个文明国家。我们没有什么好怕的。
  单词短语精讲:
  1 .I hope not.我希望没有。
  I hot so 我希望如此
  例::That' s strange. Our teacher is late. Maybe she's sick today.
  B:I hope so!I didn't finish my homework.
  A:I hope not!When she comes back,she' 11颊ve us twice as much home-work!
  (甲:奇怪自老师迟到厂。也许她今天生病厂。)
  (乙:希望如此!我的家庭作业没写完。)
  (甲:我希望她没有生病!她回来时会给我们两倍的作业的!)
  2. be in order(事物)合乎程序,没问题
  keep sth. in(good} order将某物保持整齐
  例:When the border guard was satisfied that the man's visa was in order,he let him ,ass.
  (当边界警卫确定那位男子的签证没问题后就放行让他通过。)
  Our teacher always told us to keel, ouY desks in good order so that we could study mote efficiently.
  (我们老师总是告诉我们要保持桌面整齐,这样读书才会更有效率。)
  3 .contraband 违禁品
  4. hood 引擎罩
  5. drug dealer.毒贩;走私毒品者
  =drub trafficker
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/328843.html