赖世雄观光英语通79:善终为善(在线收听

   赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。

  All's Well That Ends Well
  善终为善
  On the way back from the embassy, Kathy and Evan stop in a city park.
  从大使馆回来的路上,凯西和艾凡在一座市立公园停下来。
  K:Oh. Evan. I'm so embarrassed! I can't believe I misplaced my passport.
  凯西:哦,艾凡。我好尴尬哦!真不敢相信我竟然忘记我把护照放哪儿了。
  E:Well, I guess you've learned a good lesson from all this.
  艾凡:嗯,我猜这一番折腾让你得到了一个很好的教训。
  K:You bet I have! For one thing, I'm going to keep a close eye on my passport and other travel documents from now on.
  凯西:那还用说!举一个例子吧,从现在开始,我会紧盯着我的护照和其它旅游文件。
  E:That's good. Anything else?
  艾凡:太好了。还有别的吗?
  K:Yes! I'm going to put away my clothes as soon as I return to the hostel each time. If I hadn't just thrown my coat onto the bed the other day, I might have checked the pockets before hanging it up.
  凯西:有!以后一回旅社我就会收拾我的衣服。如果前几天我不是回去就把衣服往床上丢的话,我就会在挂外套前检查口袋了。
  E:That would have been a good idea. It's good to be organized.
  艾凡:要是当时你那么想就好了。有条有理是不会错的。
  K:I envy you, Evan. You're always so well-organized.
  凯西:艾凡,我好羡慕你。你一向很有条理。
  E:Well, remember what I told you at the beginning of the trip?
  艾凡:嗯,记得我在这趟旅行一开始时告诉过你的话吗?
  K:Uh, you mean, "Always be prepared"?
  凯西:呃,你是说:“随时有备”吗?
  E:That's right. Gee, Kathy, it's kind of chilly. Let's head back to the hostel. Then we can have dinner, OK?
  艾凡:没错。咦,凯西,有点冷了。咱们回旅社去吧。然后我们可以吃晚饭,好吗?
  K:OK. And tonight it's my treat!
  凯西:好的。今晚我请客!
  E:That's the best idea you've had today!
  艾凡:这是你今天所提的最好的主意!
  单词短语精讲:
  1.All's well that ends well.
  善终为善。(出自莎士比亚的一出戏剧中,用以表示有时候困境会使人痛
  苦和悲伤,但最终苦尽甘来而忘掉厂之前的痛苦悲伤。)
  2.embarrassed 感到尴尬的
  3.misplace 置于一处而忘记
  例:Old Mns. Linch misplaced hen masses anain.
  (林奇老太太又忘记她把眼镜放在哪儿了。)
  4. You bet I have.(我已经学到教训厂)那还用说。
  You bet!当然!那还用说!
  例:A:How about coming bowling with met My treat!
  B:You bet!
  (甲:要不要和我一起去打保龄球?我请客!)
  (乙:那还用说!)
  5. for one thing一来(用来引介一项例子或理山)
  例:A:We have to leave at 4:00 in the moaning tomot-t-ow.
  B:Why on earth do you have to leave that early?
  A:For one thing,theYe's little tYaffic;for another,it' s a vet-v long drive.
  (甲:我们必须在明天早上四点离开。)
  (乙:到底为什么要这么早走呢,!)
  (甲:一来早点车子比较少,二来要开很久的车。)
  6. keep a close eye on...紧盯着……
  例:When babvsitting,you must keel, a close eve on childYen.
  (照顾小孩时,你一定要紧盯着他们。)
  7. from now on从现在起
  例:I smoked anotheY cigaYette yesteYday,but from now on,I'm really going to quit!
  (我昨天又抽厂一根香烟,但从现在起,我真的要戒烟厂!)
  8. put away…收拾……
  例:After ironing the clothes,she folded and put them away
  (衣服烫好后,她把衣服折好收起来。)
  9. envy 羡慕
  envious 羡慕的
  be envious of...羡慕……
  例:I envy Richard because he's so strong and handsome.
  (我羡慕理查德,因为他很强壮又很英俊。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/328994.html