赖世雄观光英语通85:一次尴尬的经验(在线收听

   赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。

  An Embarrassing Experience
  一次尴尬的经验
  Kathy and Evan are now outside the store.
  凯西和艾凡现在在那家商店外面。
  K:I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life!
  凯西:我想我这一生中从来没有这么尴尬过!
  E:It wasn't easy for me, either. I told you you've been spending money like water.
  艾凡:我也不好受。我告诉过你你花钱简直就像流水一样。
  K:Thanks for lending me the cash, Evan. I really wanted these two sweaters.
  凯西:艾凡,谢谢你借我现金。我真的很想要这两件毛衣。
  E:No problem. But, still, you've got to control your spending.
  艾凡:不客气。但是,你花钱还是得有所节制。
  K:I still want to pick up a few gifts and souvenirs. I need to cash traveler's checks. I'm glad I took some extra money just in case.
  凯西:我仍想挑几件礼物和纪念品。我需要兑现旅行支票。我很高兴我多带一些钱以防万一。
  E:We have just a few more days here in Stockholm, so I guess you might as well buy what you need now. I hate last minute shopping.
  艾凡:我们在斯德哥尔摩只剩下几天了,所以我想你现在干脆把你所需要的东西买齐。我不喜欢最后一刻急急忙忙的采购。
  K:Me too. Hey! Isn't that a Citibank up there?
  凯西:我也是。嘿!那里不是有一家花旗银行吗?
  E:Yes, I think it is. Since you're carrying Citibank traveler's checks, it should be easy to cash them there.
  艾凡:是的,我想是吧。既然你身上带着花旗银行的旅行支票,在那里兑现应该很容易。
  K:OK. Let's go. I have my passport with me, in a safe place!
  凯西:好的。咱们走吧。我的护照带在身上,放在一个安全的地方!
  E:It looks like you really have learned a lesson, after all!
  艾凡:看起来你真的得到了教训!
  单词短语精讲:
  1. spending 花钱,花费
  例:If your spendinn is more than your income you‘re in big trouble
  (如果你花的钱比赚的多的话,你麻烦就大厂!)
  2. I'm glad I took some extra money just in case.
  我很高兴我多带厂一些钱以防万一。
  just in case以防万一
  例:111thoughit looks like。nice day out,I' d take my umbrella if I were you,dust m case.
  (虽然今天看起来是外出的好天气,但是,如果我是你的话,就会带把伞以防万一。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/329000.html