口腔临床英语对话 第19期:固定桥(1)(在线收听

   Part nine

  第九章
  Fixed Bridge
  固定桥
  Good morning, it's nice to see you again, Mrs. Walsh.
  早安,很高兴又见到您了,沃尔太太。
  Hello, Doctor. That extraction has healed very well. I had no trouble with it.
  你好,医生。上次拔牙的地方全好了,没问题了。
  Good. You should have a bridge to replace that missing tooth.
  好,你该镶上假牙来代替拔掉的牙齿。
  Do you think that it's absolutely necessary?
  你认为一定需要吗?
  Yes, I do. If a bridge isn't made, the two teeth next to the space may move and tip over (tilt).
  是的,不做不行。要是不做假牙的话,那么在拔完牙齿的空隙两边的牙齿会便的松动乃至倾斜。
  If they’re not held in a normal position they may be lost prematurely.
  若不把它保持正确的位置上,那么就会过早地脱落。
  How can teeth be lost because they move?
  为什么牙齿松动就会脱落?
  Teeth that have moved may be lost because of abnormal biting pressures.
  牙齿因松动而脱落是因为不正常咬合的缘故。
  They destroy both the tissues that surround the tooth and the tissues that hold the tooth securely.
  不正常咬合的压力会破坏牙齿周围组织,和破坏巩固牙齿的组织,
  The upper tooth that was biting against the missing lower tooth will drop downward,
  原来与这颗牙拔掉上下咬合的上排的牙齿,
  because there's nothing below it to hold it in place.
  因为在它底下没有牙齿承住它,会变的往下突出。
  As a result, you might lose the upper tooth.
  结果,连这颗牙的牙齿也会脱落。
  I see. How do you make a bridge?
  明白了,牙桥怎么做呢?
  I'll make two gold crowns (caps) on the two teeth on either side of the empty space.
  我要在空隙两边的两颗牙齿上做上两个金牙冠,
  Then, I attach the missing tooth (pontic) to the crowns.
  然后我把掉牙的地方与牙冠连接上。
  I really don't want to have gold teeth.
  我真不想做金牙。
  Don't worry. There will be tooth-colored porcelain covering the front of the bridge. This will make it look natural.
  不用担心,我会用齿色的瓷制盖住假牙表面。这样看起来就像天然的。
  What do you do to prepare the teeth for the crowns?
  你怎样给牙齿安上牙冠呢?
  When I prepare the teeth for the crowns, they look like this model.
  我要给这两颗可牙齿做的牙冠看起来就想这个模型一样。
  The next step is to make an impression of your teeth.
  第二步是要做你的牙齿的印模。
  A model like this one is made from the impression with plaster.
  像这样的一个模型就是用石灰从印模中取出来的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kqlcyydh/338786.html