小王子 第3期:无烟的沙漠(在线收听

   So I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I hadan accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara, six years ago.

  我就这样孤独地生活着,没有一个能真正谈得来的人,一直到六年前在撒哈拉沙漠上发生了那次故障。
  Something was broken in my engine.
  我的发动机里有个东西损坏了。
  And as I had with me neither a mechanic nor any passengers, I set myself to attempt the difficult repairs all alone.
  当时由于我既没有带机械师也没有带旅客,我就试图独自完成这个困难的维修工作。
  It was a question of life or death for me: I had scarcely enough drinking water to last a week.
  这对我来说是个生与死的问题。我随身带的水只够饮用一星期。
  The first night, then, I went to sleep on the sand, a thousand miles from any human habitation.
  第一天晚上我就睡在这远离人间烟火的大沙漠上。
  I was more isolated than a shipwrecked sailor on a raft in the middle of the ocean.
  我比大海中伏在小木排上的遇难者还要孤独得多。
  Thus you can imagine my amazement, at sunrise,when I was awakened by an odd little voice.
  而在第二天拂晓,当一个奇怪的小声音叫醒我的时候,你们可以想见我当时是多么吃惊。
  It said:"If you please– draw me a sheep!”
  这小小的声音说道:“请你给我画一只羊,好吗?”
  What!
  啊!
  Draw me a sheep!
  给我画一只羊…
  I jumped to my feet, completely thunderstruck. I blinked my eyes hard.
  我象是受到惊雷轰击一般,一下子就站立起来。
  I looked carefully all around me.
  我使劲地揉了揉眼睛,仔细地看了看。
  And I saw a most extraordinary small person,who stood there examining me with great seriousness.
  我看见一个十分奇怪的小家伙严肃地朝我凝眸望着。
  Here you may see the best portrait that, later, I was able to make of him.
  这是后来我给他画出来的最好的一副画像。
  But my drawing is certainly very much less charming than its model.
  可是,我的画当然要比他本人的模样逊色得多。
  That, however, is not my fault.
  这不是我的过错。
  The grown-ups discouraged me in my painter’s career when I was six years old, and I never learned to draw anything,
  六岁时,大人们使我对我的画家生涯失去了勇气,
  except boas from the outside and boas from the inside.
  除了画过开着肚皮和闭着肚皮的蟒蛇,后来再没有学过画。
  Now I stared at this sudden apparition with my eyes fairly starting out of my head in astonishment.
  我惊奇地睁大着眼睛看着这突然出现的小家伙。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xiaowangzi/339685.html