精灵鼠小弟 第56期:路边沉思的男人(在线收听

 Just as the sun was coming up, Stuart saw a man seated in thought by the side of the road.

就在太阳升起的时候,斯图亚特在路边看到了一个坐在那里沉思着的男人。
Stuart steered his car alongside, stopped, and put his head out.
斯图亚特把他的车停到一旁,从车里探出了头。
"You're worried about something, aren't you?" asked Stuart.
“你在为什么事发愁吗?”斯图亚特问。
"Yes, I am," said the man, who was tall and mild.
“是的,”那个高个子男人说。
"Can I help you in any way?" asked Stuart in a friendly voice.
“我能帮你吗?”斯图亚特友善地问。
The man shook his head.
那个男人摇摇头。
"It's an impossible situation, I guess," he replied.
“我想那是个艰难的工作,”他回答。
You see, I'm the Superintendent of Schools in this town.
你不知道,我是这个城里的督学。
"That's not an impossible situation," said Stuart.
“那不是个很难的工作,”斯图亚特说。
It's bad, but it's not impossible.
这工作是没劲,但却不是很难做。
"Well," continued the man, "I've always got problems that I can't solve."
“哦,”那个男人继续说,“我总是遇到我不能解决的难题。”
Today, for instance, one of my teachers is sick--Miss Gunderson is her name.
比如说今天,我的一个老师病了——她是冈德森小姐。
She teaches Number Seven school.
她在第七小学任教。
I've got to find a substitute for her, a teacher who will take her place.
我得找到一个代课老师才行。
"What's the matter with her?" asked Stuart.
“她得的什么病?”斯图亚特问。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/352298.html