职场实用英语口语:上班迟到致歉(在线收听

 上班迟到 late for Work

Do you feel guilty if you are late for work? One in ten workers said that they arrive late to work at least once a week and about 24% said they arrive late at least once a month.
情景对话 1:
王萍和客户汤姆约好时间见面,但因事迟到,她表示歉意。
Wang Ping: I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long. 真抱歉让您久等了。
Tom: That's OK. What made you so late? 没关系,你怎么来这么晚?
Wang Ping: I was tied up with some urgent business. 有急事脱不开身。
Tom: I see. 我明白了。
Wang Ping: You've visited some places of interest in Beijing during the last few days, haven't you? 您已经参观了北京的许多名胜古迹,对吗?
Tom: Yes, we've visited many places such as the Imperial Palace, the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall. Well, during my visit to Xi'an, I suddenly got an idea that we should build a synthetic fiber works there. It will be a joint venture. 是的。参观了许多地方,比如说故宫、天坛和长城。对了,在西安参观时,我突然产生了一个想法:我们应该在那里开办一家合资性质的合成纤维厂。
Wang Ping: That's a great idea. We'll surely try our best to cooperate with you. We have many favorable conditions to run a joint wenture there. You can get full support from the local government there.那太好了。我们一定尽全力与贵方合作。我们有许多有利条件。贵方可以得到当地政府方面的全力支持。
Tom: That sounds really attracting. And what about the details? 听起来确实很有吸引力。那么,有哪些细节?
Wang Ping: If it is convenient for you, we can go and visit the local government for those details. 如果你有时间,我们可以去拜访一下当地的政府,了解一下细节。
Tom: All right. Let's make it 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. 好的,就定在明天早上九点钟吧。
情景对话2:
珍妮迟到了,她不得不向她的主管马林做解释。
Jane: Sorry, Ma Lin, I'm late. 对不起,马林,我迟到了。
Ma Lin: Jane, that's the second time this week, isn't it? 珍妮,这是本星期的第二次了,是吧?
Jane: Yes. My bus was late again. 是的,公共汽车又来迟了。
Ma Lin: Is it possible for you to take an earlier bus? 你能搭乘一班早一些的公汽吗?
Jane: I think so. I'm going to do that tomorrow. 我想是可以的,我打算明天就这么办。
Ma Lin: Perhaps we can change your working hours a bit if you wish. 如果你愿意,也许我们可以改一下你得工作时间。
Jane: No, thanks. I can manage. 不用了,谢谢。我能设法应付的。
Ma Lin: All right. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. 好的,如果有什么事我能为你做,请尽管告诉我。
Jane: That's very kind of you. Ma Lin. 你太好了,马林。
Notes:
向别人表示歉意时,首先要承认自己做错了事,或做出了不礼貌的行为,并且通常要说明原因,表示遗憾。最简单的道歉方式是说I'm sorry。但这往往不够,还需要对你所做的错事做出解释之后,做出改正和改进的许诺,表示不会让错误再次发生。如果你真的做错了事,给对方造成伤害或带来不利的影响,这时做无谓的解释,只能欲盖弥彰,效果相反。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ttswky/365813.html