【双语有声阅读】大英雄(上)(在线收听

Super hero
 
大英雄
Dr.Marilyn spoke at our staff meeting.
玛丽琳波斯在我们员工会议上讲话。
She took us through exercises as she worked to get our minds and spirits adjusted to a more positive direction.
她想通过练习把我们的思想和精神调整到更积极的方向。
Close your eyes and think back to time when you were small.
合上眼睛,回想一下小的时候,
What did you want to be?
你们想成为什么?
What were your dreams?
你们的梦想是什么?
What did you want to do?
你们将来想做什么?
Close your eyes and think back, she instructed.
闭上眼睛回想一下。她对我们说。
I closed my eyes and thought back.
我闭上眼睛,开始回想。
I remembered what I wanted to be.
我能想起来我梦想成为什么。
Dr. Marilyn then told of her early beginnings as a writer.
然后,玛丽琳博士向我们讲述了她早时作为一名作家的经历。
She told of the articles and the publishing successes that she experienced but so many of them were punctuated by, I didn't get paid for that.
她说到了写过的文章和发表文章取得的巨大成功,但是大多数的情况是:我没用向他们收取任何酬金。
Her words struck me.
她的话让我一惊。
I worked in a corner drug store when I was very small.
在我很小的时候,我在一家街边药店工作。
I was below the age limit to work but the store made an exception.
我没达到法定的工作年龄,但是药店给了一个例外。
My father owned the store, thus the exception.
因为那是我父亲开的药店。
I worked long and hard. I treasured my lunch breaks.
我工作时间很长,很辛苦。我很珍惜我的午餐休息时间。
Not so much for the food or the rest, it was what I did during my lunch breaks that I treasured.
不是因为午餐本身,也不是因为休息,而是珍惜期间我做的事。
I read comic books.
我用这段时间读连环画。
I read the action books, not the romance or the comedies, action, pure action.
我读动作小说,但不对爱情小说或者喜剧,就读那种纯粹的动作书。
When I closed my eyes and thought back, I knew instantly what I had aspired to be:A Super Hero!
我闭着眼睛回忆从前,猛地意识到我一直立志想成为:一个超级大英雄。
Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Ironman were some of my heroes.
超人,蝙蝠侠,蜘蛛侠和钢铁侠都是我的英雄。
In all of the action comics that I read, there was a distinct pattern—the Super Hero was never paid for his contribution to society;he always earned his living in his alter ego.
我所有的动作漫画书都有一个相似的地方—大英雄从来不因为对社会作出贡献而索取回报;他们总是靠自己的工作挣钱。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysyd/366705.html