美国有线新闻 CNN 2016-8-14(在线收听

AZUZ: Starting life over in any new community, far from where you were born, can be challenging for anyone. Add to that, a language barrier, little or no previous education, and the often horrifying memories of living in a war zone and you have the kind of young people that Luma Mufleh has been working to help for more than 12 years.

阿祖兹:在一个远离你出生地的新地方开始新生活,这对任何人来说都是个挑战。面临的困难包括语言障碍,教育水平低或几乎没有接受过教育,生活在战区的可怕回忆等,卢玛·穆弗雷12年来一直在为这类人群提供帮助。

LUMA MUFLEH, CNN HERO: More than 10 years ago, I saw kids outside playing soccer and they reminded me of the way I grow up playing soccer in Jordan.

CNN英雄卢玛·穆弗雷:10多年前,我看到孩子们在室外踢足球,他们让我想起来,我是在约旦踢着足球长大的。

The kids were from Sudan and Afghanistan. They reluctantly let me play and that's how it started.

这些孩子来自苏丹和阿富汗。他们不愿意让我一起玩,我就是这样开始的。

The person with the ball should have two passes going like this.

拿球的人应该像这样完成两个传递。

I started a soccer team for refugees.

我成立了一支难民足球队。

Let's go.

开始吧。

We called it the Fugees.

我们称这支队伍为难民队。

Ready? We're going headers, go.

准备好了吗?我们要开始练习头顶球了,开始。

We're giving them a sense of belonging.

我们让他们有了一种归属感。

Nice.

很好。

All the kids left their countries because of war. They've all seen horrible atrocities.

所有的孩子都是因为战争才离开他们的家园。他们都目睹过可怕的暴行。

Here you go.

不错。

For kids that were robbed of their childhood, this is one place you get to be kids again.

这些孩子们的童年被抢走了,而这里会让你回到孩童时代。

But I realize their needs were so much more.

但是我意识到,他们的需求远远不止如此。

So, I started a school for refugee kids.

所以,我成立了一所学校,为难民儿童提供教育。

Good morning.

早上好。

They struggle academically and emotionally. Our curriculum is tailored to address their individual needs.

从学术和情感上来讲,他们都在挣扎。我们设置课程的目的是帮助他们解决个人需求。

So, does this make sense now?

那这些现在有意义吗?

They experienced so much and they need to heal.

他们经历了太多,他们需要治愈。

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When I first came here, the kids at my school, they were very mean. They said, go back to Africa. I feel really, really angry.

身份不明的男性:我第一次来到这里的时候,这些孩子非常刻薄。他们说,你回非洲去。这让我非常非常生气。

Coach Luma, she helped me a lot. My grades have dramatically improved. I'm planning to start college on the fall.

卢玛教练帮了我很多。我的成绩大幅提高。我今年秋天就要上大学了。

I don't think I would be the young man I am today without Fugees.

我认为,如果没有难民队,我不可能成长为现在这样的年轻人。

MUFLEH: A good coach pushes their players to be excellent at everything that they do. But there are so many things stacked against them. I'm trying to give them all the opportunities that they deserve.

穆弗雷:一名优秀的教练会鼓励队员在每件事上做到卓越。但是有很多情况对他们非常不利。我在努力将他们应得的机会给予他们。

One, two, three —

一、二、三……

KIDS: Go Fugees!

孩子们:难民队,加油!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnn2016/8/373725.html