外贸英语一点通第62期:磋商价格(2)(在线收听

 Price and quality 价格与质量

A: Steven, what's your idea of price? 
斯蒂文先生,你怎么看待这个价格?
B: The best we can do is $120 per case.
我们最高给到每箱120美元。
A: I'm afraid that's impossible. You can't expect us to reduce it to that extent.
恐怕不能。你不能指望我们把价格定得那么低。
B: I think you are well informed about the prevailing market. Some Spanish firms are offering the same at much lower prices. 
我认为你们对现行市场十分了解。一些西班牙公司报同等货品的价格比你们要低得多。
A: Price can't be separated from quality. A comparison of the quality of our products with that of rival goods will show you that ours is far superior. 
价格不能与质量分开。将我们的产品质量与其他厂家的比较,你就会发现我方质量要好的多。
B: It's true yours are of better quality. But your price is still on the high side even if we take quality into consideration. How about meeting each other half way? 
你们的产品质量的确要好些。但即使将质量考虑在内,你们的价格还是偏高。我们各让一半如何?
A: Well, I'll have to think about it and get back to you in about 30 minutes. 
那么我必须得想一想。三十分钟后回复你吧。
B: Take your time, please.
不着急。
重点解释:
prevailing adj. 现行的;主要的;流行的;普遍的
Yellow is the prevailing color in her room. 
黄色是她房间的主色。 
comparison n. 比较,对比
rival n. 竞争者,对手
adj. 竞争的
The rival companies tried to outsell one another. 
相互竞争的公司试图比对方销售出更多的货物。
superior adj. 较好的,较高级的,上级的
This handbag is made of superior leather. 
这只手提包由上等皮革制成。 
meet each other half way 双方都退一步(以达成共识)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/373798.html