外贸英语一点通第63期:磋商价格(3)(在线收听

 Discount 折扣

A: Even with volume sales, our costs for the Exec Uciser won't go down much.
即使是大量销售,我们的“健身乐”生产成本仍无法降低太多。
B: Just what are you proposing?
那么你的建议是?
A: We could take a cut on the price. But 25% would reduce much our profit margin. We suggest a compromise 10%.
敝公司可以降价但是七五折会过度削低我们的毛利率。我们建议打九折。
B: That's a big change from 25%! 10% is beyond my negotiating limit. (pause) Any other ideas?
那根七五折相差太多了!九折实在超出我们的谈判限度。(停顿)有其他方案吗?
A: I don't think I can change it right now. Why don't we talk again tomorrow?
我现在没办法更改方案。 这样吧,我们何不明天再谈?
B: Sure, I have to talk to my office anyway. I hope we can find some common ground on this.
可以。反正我也得和公司讨论一下。希望我们能够达成共识。
(next day) 次日
B: Robert, I have been instructed to reject the numcers you proposed; but we can try to come up with something else.
罗伯特,奉公司指示,我得拒绝你们的折扣,但我们还可以找出其他可行的办法。
A: I hope so, Dana. My instructions are to negotiate hard on this deal, but I'm trying very hard to reach some middle ground.
希望如此,丹。上面指示我们要强硬地谈这笔生意,但我一直想达成折中的方案。
B: I understand. We propose a structured deal. For the first six months, we get a discount of 20%, and the next six months we get 15%.
我了解。那么我们提议阶段式交易。前半年先给我们打八折,后半年则打八五折。
A: Dana, I can't bring those numbers back to my office, they'll turn it down flat.
丹,我没办法向公司报告这样的数字,他们一定会断然拒绝。
B: Then you'll have to think of something better, Robert.
罗伯特,那你就得想出更好的方案了。
重点解释:
discount n. 折扣;打折扣
We give a special discount of 10 per cent for cash. 
如用现金购买,我们给予九折优待。 
compromise n. 妥协方案;折衷办法
The interior decoration of the house is a compromise between Chinese and foreign styles. 
这所房子的内部装饰是中西两式的折衷物。 
negotiate vi. 谈判
common ground 共同点
Bob and Frank don't like each other because they have no common ground. 
鲍勃跟弗兰克互不喜欢对方,他俩毫无共同之处。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/373800.html