外贸口语一点通第141期:海关检查之劝诫说服(在线收听

   Persuasion 劝诫说服

  A: The market is really becoming more and more competitive.
  市场竞争变得越来越激励了。
  B: Exactly. So we must know how things stand with us and do something to keep our lead.
  的确如此。因此我们必须认清我们的处境,想方设法保持我们的主导地位。
  A: We'd better look at the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats we have. First, it's obvious that our main competitve advantage is our range of products.
  我们最好认清我们的优势、劣势、机会和威胁。
  B: I think our strength also lies in another thing, that is our people.
  我觉得我们另一方面的优势就是我们的员工。
  A: You mean...
  你的意思是……
  B: I mean the after-sale service.
  我是说售后服务。
  A: Right you are. Our after-service team is faster, more qualified and more efficient.
  太对了。我们的售后服务队伍发展得更快,更称职,效率也更高。
  B: How do you analyse our weaknesses?
  那你怎么分析我们的劣势呢?
  A: I think our problem is that we have a strong product but we haven't achieved the sort of market penetration we should have.
  我认为我们的问题是,我们有好的产品,但这并没有给我们带来我们应有的市场份额。
  B: That's because our marketing is not so effective as our competitors'. We've relied too heavily on product quality, not enough on promotion.
  那是因为我们的促销手段不如我们的竞争对手。我们过于依赖产品质量,却缺乏促销手段。
  A: I agree. So from now on, we have to put considerably more effort into our advertising and direct mail campaigns.
  我同意。所以从现在起,我们必须在广告上和邮购直销中下更大功夫。
  B: We should take effective measures to dominate the market. We must be aware of the threat we face.
  我们应该努力占有市场,我们必须认识到我们面临的威胁。
  A: So we've still got a tough job to do.
  因此,我们的工作仍很艰巨。
  “keep our lead”意思是“保持我们的主导地位”,“lead”在这儿作名词,意为“领导地位,主导地位”;
  “after-sales service”意思是“售后服务”;
  “to rely heavily on something”意为“严重依赖某物”,例如:The national economy relies too heavily on the foreign investment. 国民经济严重依赖海外投资。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374290.html