外贸口语一点通第224期:寒暄介绍之介绍外商(在线收听

   Introduce foreign counterparts

  介绍外商
  A: Mr.Yan, I'd like to meet Mr.David Smith, sales manager for Northern Relfections of Canada. Mr.Smith, Mr.Ben Yan, general manager of Apex Trading.
  严先生,让我为你介绍加拿大北方瑞弗莱克森的业务经理大卫·史密斯先生。史密斯先生,这位是本·严先生,爱派克贸易公司的总经理。
  B: It's very nice to finally meet you, Mr.Smith, after so many phone calls and faxes. I'd like you to have my business card.
  很高兴见到您。在经过多次电话,传真沟通之后,我们终于见面了。史密斯先生,请收下我的名片。
  C: Thanks very much, Mr.Yan. Please accept mine. And please, call me David.
  谢谢您,严先生。也请收下我的名片,叫我大卫就行了。
  A: If you don't mind, David, while you and Mr.Yan get acquainted, I'd like to check the arrangements for the meeting.
  如果你不介意,大卫,你和严先生聊着,我失陪一会儿,看看会议安排得如何。
  C: You're certainly on top of things, Washington.
  华盛顿,一切当然尽在你的掌控之中。
  B: (Looking at Washington)You'll find Mr.Steven Washington is a force to be reckoned with at Apex Trading.
  (看看华盛顿)您会发现斯蒂文·华盛顿是爱派克贸易公司的一员大将。
  A: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mr.Yan. I'll be right back.(Leaves room)
  严先生,谢谢你的信任,我马上回来。(走出房间)
  C: He appears to be a top-norch young man, Mr.Yan. Talent and enthusiasms like that are hard to find.
  严先生,他看起来是个有作为的年轻人,很难找到像他这样有才干、有热忱的人。
  B: Don't I know it. He's doing a great job for us. And please, call me Ben.
  我完全赞同,他在公司表现不俗,请叫我本就可以了。
  C: Ben, can you tell me in a nutshell what the retail market is like in Taiwan?
  本,你可以简单地告诉我台湾零售市场的现状吗?
  B: Well, as per capita income goes up and up, the growth sector seems to be in the top-end.
  好,由于每人的平均收入不断地增高,市场的发展领域似乎偏向于高价位商品。
  C: Retail is going upscale here? Taiwan is certainly growing more quickly than I had imagined.
  这里的零售业还在不断增长?台湾真的比我想象中发展得快多了。
  B: Yes. Things certainly have changed since I was a boy. We've developed very quickly.
  没错,现在的台湾和我小时候完全不一样了,这里发展得非常迅速。
  C: Do you think the trend will continue?
  你想这种趋势还会持续下去吗?
  B: I don't see why not. We do have some problems, but we are still willing to work hard and wages aren't too high at this point.
  我不觉得有什么不行!虽然是有一些问题,但我们仍愿意勤奋工作,而且现阶段工资仍不算太高。
  C: Everything I've seen so far is very impressive. Very impressive indeed.
  到目前为止,我所看到的一切都令我印象深刻,真的十分深刻。
  1. be reckoned with 意思是“认为;把……看作”。
  eg. The new company is already a force to be reckoned with.
  这家新公司成为不可轻视的一股势力。
  eg. All this has turned Google into a force to be reckoned with.
  这一切,都让谷歌变成了一支不容小觑的力量。
  2. get acquainted 认识,了解
  eg. I happened to get acquainted with the widow of some departed high Anglo-Indian official.
  我偶然结识了一个高级英裔印度官员的遗孀。
  eg. Lot of bachelors said that they didn't have sufficient time to get acquainted with their true love.
  很多单身的人都说自己的工作忙得没有足够的时间去认识真命天子(天女)。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374860.html