外贸口语一点通第246期:预约客户之安排约会(在线收听

   Arrangement

  安排约会
  A: Hello. Wilson Industries. What can I do for you?
  您好。威尔逊实业公司。我能为您做些什么?
  B: This is Mike Webber of Webber Industries. I have something important to discuss with the Managing director. I'm calling to see if we can make an appointment tomorrow morning.
  我是韦伯实业公司的迈克·韦伯。我有很重要的事情要和你们的总经理商量。我打电话来是想看能不能明天上午和他见个面。
  A: Hold on, please. I'll check his agenda.
  请稍等。我来查查他的议程表。
  B: I'm afraid he won't be available tomorrow morning. So you might come over tomorrow afternoon.
  恐怕明天早上他没有空。您可以明天下午过来。
  A: What time is convenient for him?
  他什么时间有空?
  B: Between four and five, if that suits you.
  如果您方便的话,请在四点到五点之间来。
  A: OK. That suits me.
  好的,我方便。
  B: Good. See you then.
  好,到时候见。
  A: Thank you. See you.
  谢谢。再见。
  “suit” 作为动词在此处指“对某人方便,和某人的心意”。例如:
  Will Thursday suit you?
  星期四对你方便吗?
  The seven o'clock train will suit us very well.
  七点钟那一班火车对我们很合适。
  Would it suit you to come at five?
  你五点中来行吗?
  此外“suit”还有“对某人/某事物合适或有利”。例如:
  This climate doesn't suit me.
  这种气候对我很不相宜。
  Very spicy food doesn't suit my stomach.
  太辣的东西我吃了胃不舒服。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/375337.html