老外是如何说“怂”的!(在线收听

   “怂“这个字几乎被国内外的朋友们玩坏了。在国内,人们通常用”怂“来形容那些软弱无能的人。可是不知道哪个朋友竟然把它拆解为“从心”(follow your heart),这样错误的翻译,真让人哭笑不得。下面,英语君带着大家看看老外是如何用英语表达“怂”的吧。

  怂
  (1)coward 懦夫
  I was, to my shame, a coward.
  我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。
  He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.
  他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。
  But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
  但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。
  I would be a coward if I left now.
  如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。
  (2)wimp 软骨头
  But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.
  可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。
  I was a wimp.
  我是个窝囊废。
  What a wimp that boy is!
  那真是个没有骨气的男孩。
  (3)weakling 没用的人
  Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?
  你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?
  Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
  下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!
  You are a miserable weakling.
  你是一个可怜的弱者。
  (4)wuss 胆小鬼
  Are you being a wuss?
  你想当胆小鬼?
  I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
  我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!
  (5)craven 懦夫
  No man wants to be thought a craven person.
  没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。
  A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
  英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/yyky2/379736.html