【突破英文对话】人越多越开心(在线收听

This is a conversation between a husband and wife. 
这是一组夫妻之间的对话。 
 
A: Hi, Bill. When did you get back? 
嗨,比尔。你什么时候回来的? 
 
B: About an hour ago. What’s new? Did anyone call for me while I was out? 
回来有一个小时了。怎么样?我不在的时候有没有人打电话找我? 
 
A: Yeah, someone named Johnson called this afternoon. He left word for you to call him. He’s at the Holiday Inn Hotel. You can get in touch with him there. 
有一个叫约翰逊的下午打电话过来。他要你给他回电话。他住在假日酒店。你可以打那里的电话联系到他。 
 
B: Oh,that’s my old friend from college, Dave Johnson. I knew he was coming to town. I didn’t expect him today, though. I must have got mixed up on the dates. What a great surprise! 
哦,那是我的大学同窗好友戴维•约翰逊。我知道他要过来。不过没想到是今天。我一定是把日子搞混了。真是个天大的惊喜! 
 
A: Should we ask him to our party tonight? 
我们要不要请他来参加今晚的聚会? 
 
B: I’d like to. But we’ve already invited twenty people. And the apartment is pretty small. 
我是这么想。但是我们已经邀请了二十个人,房子又很小。 
 
A: Don’t worry. We can always make room for one more. The more the merrier you know. 
别担心。多一个还是不成问题的。人越多越开心嘛。 
 
B: That’s true. And the other guests will like Dave. He’s very friendly, and he always has funny stories and jokes to tell. 
没错。其他客人们也会喜欢戴维的。他很友善,而且总是逗大家笑。 
 
A: Be sure to tell him not to dress up. It’s a casual party, you know. 
告诉他不要穿得太隆重。你知道这是个非正式的聚会。 
 
B: Okay. I’ll go pick Dave up. He doesn’t know this city. He might lose his way coming alone. 
好的。我开车去接他。他不熟悉这个城市,一个人来可能会迷路的。 
 
A: Okay, I’ll stay here and finish getting things ready for the party. 
好吧,我留在这里准备聚会的事。 
 
B: Sounds great. I’ll see you later then. 
这样不错。一会见。 
 
A: Okay. Bye! 
好,再见! 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tpdh/388120.html