木偶奇遇记 第82期:匹诺曹与仙女姐姐重逢(3)(在线收听

   "I was just saying," whined the Marionette in a whisper, "that it seems too late for me to go to school now."

  “我想说的是,”木偶低声抱怨说,“我现在才去上学,好像晚了点。”
  "No, indeed. Remember it is never too late to learn."
  “一点也不晚。你记住了,学习是永远不嫌晚。”
  "But I don't want either trade or profession."
  “可我既不想做生意也不想工作。”
  "Why?" -"Because work wearies me!"
  “为什么?” “因为干活使我太累。”
  "My dear boy," said the Fairy, "people who speak as you do usually end their days either in a prison or in a hospital.
  “我亲爱的孩子,”仙女说,“和你一样说这些话的人,最后一般差不是进了监狱就是进了医院。
  A man, remember, whether rich or poor, should do something in this world.
  一个人,不管是穷是富,在这个世界上都得做点事。
  No one can find happiness without work. Woe betide the lazy fellow!
  没有人可以不劳而获。懒惰没有好结果!
  Laziness is a serious illness and one must cure it immediately; yes, even from early childhood. If not, it will kill you in the end."
  懒惰是一种很坏的毛病,必须马上治好,是的,尤其是从小开始。否则,它总有一天会害死你。”
  These words touched Pinocchio's heart. He lifted his eyes to his Fairy and said seriously: "I'll work; I'll study; I'll do all you tell me.
  这番话打动了皮诺乔的心。他抬起眼睛来,严肃地对仙女说:“我要干活,我要学习,您说什么我就做什么。
  After all, the life of a Marionette has grown very tiresome to me and I want to become a boy, no matter how hard it is.
  毕竟,木偶的生活对我来说太无聊了,不管有多困难,我都想要变成一个孩子。
  You promise that, do you not?" -"Yes, I promise, and now it is up to you."
  你答应我了,不是吗?” “是的,我答应了,现在取决的是你。”
  End of Chapter.
  本章结束。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/399254.html