木偶奇遇记 第86期:匹诺曹遭威胁(1)(在线收听

   54.67CHAPTER 27

  第27章
  Going like the wind, Pinocchio took but a very short time to reach the shore.
  像风一般,皮诺乔很快就到达了海岸。
  He glanced all about him, but there was no sign of a Shark. The sea was as smooth as glass.
  皮诺乔放眼眺望,可是根本没有看见有鲨鱼的迹象。大海平静得像一面镜子。
  "Hey there, boys! Where's that Shark?" he asked, turning to his playmates.
  “喂,孩子们!鲨鱼在哪儿?”他转脸问他的玩伴。
  "He may have gone for his breakfast," said one of them, laughing.
  “它可能吃早饭去了,”一个同学笑着说。
  "Or, perhaps, he went to bed for a little nap," said another, laughing also.
  “要不,就是上床去小睡了,”另一个同学也笑着说。
  From the answers and the laughter which followed them, Pinocchio understood that the boys had played a trick on him.
  皮诺乔听了这些回答和嘲笑,知道这些男孩捉弄了他。
  "What now?" he said angrily to them. "What's the joke?"
  “现在想怎样?”他气乎乎地对他们说。“你们在笑话什么?”
  "Oh, the joke's on you!" cried his tormentors, laughing more heartily than ever, and dancing gayly around the Marionette.
  “噢,笑话你!”那些坏蛋叫到,他们欢快的围绕着木偶跳着,笑得更开怀了。
  "And that is?" "That we have made you stay out of school to come with us.
  “那这是...?”“让你不去上学,让你跟我们走。
  Aren't you ashamed of being such a goodygoody, and of studying so hard? You never have a bit of enjoyment."
  你当好好学生,学习那么用功,不害臊吗?你从未享受过一点儿乐趣。”
  "And what is it to you, if I do study?"
  “我学我的,跟你们有什么关系?”
  "What does the teacher think of us, you mean?"
  “你觉得老师会怎么看待我们?”
  "Why?"
  “为什么?”
  "Don't you see? If you study and we don't, we pay for it. After all, it's only fair to look out for ourselves."
  “你没发现么?如果你学习而我们不学习,我们就要付出代价。毕竟,我们只是公平的为自己考虑。”
  "What do you want me to do?"
  “那你们想让我怎么办?”
  "Hate school and books and teachers, as we all do. They are your worst enemies, you know, and they like to make you as unhappy as they can."
  “你也应该像我们一样讨厌学校、课本和老师。他们是你的三大敌人,他们会使你尽可能的不开心。”
  "And if I go on studying, what will you do to me?"
  “如果我想要继续学习,你们打算对我做什么呢?”
  "You'll pay for it!"
  “你会付出代价的!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/399570.html