创业成功人士访谈录 第1期:谷歌CTO谢尔盖布林(1)(在线收听

   Google is the World's Largest Seach Engine

  谷歌是世界上最大的搜索引擎
  What is Google company’s mission?
  谷歌公司的宗旨是什么?
  Google's mission is to organize the world’s information, making it universally accessible and useful.
  谷歌的宗旨是汇集全球的信息资源,使全球都能存取信息并加以利用。
  When did you start this company? What was your initial motivation and how do you see it nowadays?
  这个公司是什么时候创立的?你们最初建立这个公司的动机是什么?现在怎么看?
  We started working on Google in 1995,as a research project at Stanford University.
  我们1995年开始着手谷歌的工作,当时只是斯坦福大学的一个研究项目。
  创业成功人士英语访谈 谷歌技术总裁谢尔盖.布林
  In 1998,we formed the company, Google Inc., and launched the search engine in beta to the outside world.
  1998年,我们正式成立了谷歌有限公司,并且对外发布了公开测试版的谷歌搜索引擎。
  This happened in September 1998.
  这是1998年的9月的事儿了。
  Our goal was to created a very simple and easy-to-use website that offers the best search engine in the world.
  当时我们的目标是创立世界上最简单、实用的网络搜索引擎。
  This is still our goal, and we plan to continue to focus our business on search technology for some time to come.
  现在这依然是我们的目标,同时我们将继续集中精力研发搜索技术。
  What kind of customers look for Google services and what are your company main clients?
  哪些客户会对谷歌提供的服务感兴趣?贵公司有哪些主要客户?
  How fast Google wants to expand its solutions to other countries around the world?
  谷歌想要花多长时间将其解决方案扩展到世界上其他国家?
  We have over 100 customers in over 20 countries.
  我们在20多个国家拥有超过100个客户。
  Some of our banner customers include Yahoo,AOL/ Netscape, Cisco, WashingtonPost.com, and VirginNet (in the UK).
  包括雅虎、美国在线/网景公司、思科、华盛顿邮报网站和维珍网(英国)等,都是我们极好的用户。
  Google customers license our technology because they are looking for the fastest, most relevant search on the Internet.
  谷歌的客户之所以使用我们的技术是因为他们一直都追求最快速、最精准的网络搜索。
  Google currently supports 25 language searches, and will continue to aggressively add to this list.
  现在,谷歌支持25种语言的搜索,将来,我们还会持续不断地增加更多种语言版本。
  We ultimately hope to support all major languages in the world.
  我们希望最终可以支持用所有世界上的主流语言来使用我们的技术。
  How fast revenues are growing? Are there any plans for an IPO?
  收入的增长有多快呢?有上市的计划吗?
  We're very happy with our business plan.
  我们对自己的商业计划感到非常满意。
  Revenues are growing every quarter and we’ve made very few changes to our business strategy since we started the company.
  每一季收入都持续增长,并且自从公司成立以来,我们很少改变商业战略。
  In an IPO is something we’re considering, but is not in our near-term plans.
  我们正在考虑上市,但却并不是我们的近期计划。
  We’ve always managed the finances of our company very carefully,
  我们总是对公司的财务精打细算,
  and we are fortunate to still have a very strong cash position from our initial venture financing, which was in June 1999.
  幸运的是,自从1999年6月启动资金以来,我们一直保持着很好的现金状况。
  How did business over Internet has change the use of Google widening client’s base and for searching tools?
  网络商业运作对谷歌不断扩大的客户群以及搜索工具都有什么影响?
  We have millions of users a day who use Google to search for products and product information related to their purchasing decisions.
  每天有数百万的用户通过谷歌搜索他们想要购买的产品和相关的产品信息。
  For example, we index almost the entire Amazon.com website.
  比如说,我们的搜索范围几乎涵盖了整个亚马逊购物网。
  As more and more information appears on the Internet, Google plans to index it and offer this content to our users.
  随着互联网的信息越来越多,谷歌搜索将不断地扩大搜索范围,把这些信息提供给我们的用户。
  Google currently is the world’s largest search engine, with over 1 billion web pages in our index.
  目前,谷歌是世界上最大的搜索引擎,通过它可以搜索到超过10亿个网页的信息。
  What are your responsibilities at Google? Rapidly, describe your daily tasks at Google?
  在谷歌你们各自的职责是什么?能否简要地说一下你们每天都做些什么?
  Both my partner, Larry Page, and myself are very involved in almost all aspects of our business.
  我和我的搭档拉里佩奇,我们的工作几乎涉及到公司运作的方方面面。
  I spend quite a bit of time each day on hiring, internal management, and marketing.
  每天我都要花很多时间在人力资源、内部管理和市场运作上。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400435.html