创业成功人士访谈录 第65期:创意来自鼓励冲突的环境(5)(在线收听

   We don’t believe in a diverse workforce to mirror society solely because it’s right.

  我们相信,多样化的员工可以独自地映社会,不仅因为这是正确的。
  We also believe in diversity because the more diverse you are as an organization, the more diverse are the opinions that get expressed,
  我们也相信多样化,因为作为一个组织,越具有多样性,产生的想法就越具有多样性。
  which sometimes crates friction, and friction slows down the machine.
  这样有时会产生磨擦,而摩擦减慢了机器的速度。
  When the machine slows down, good things can happen.
  当机器速度减慢时,好的东西就产生了。
  If it is just sliding along with no friction, you get the easy solution; you get mediocrity.
  如果只是没有任何摩擦的滚动,你就会得到简单的解决办法,你获得平庸之材。
  We work very hard on getting diversity at the top of the organization, and like many organizations we still have room to improve.
  我们正努力地使公司最高层产生多样化,并且像许多组织一样,我们还有改进的空间。
  That will make us more creative. And I,m not just talking about diversity in skin color or ethnic background.
  改进后会使我们更具有创造力。我们不仅仅是讨论皮肤颜色或种族背景的多样化
  I’m talking about diversity in point of view.
  也讨论观点的多样化。
  That’s why, as a company, we encourage individualism more than any place I know.
  这就是为什么作为一家企业,我们比我所知道的任何企业更鼓励个性。
  We want people who work here to look at from one another.
  我们希望在这里工作的人看到世界的方式彼此不同。
  They can be white, they can be African-American, they can be Indian or Chinese or Latino—it doesn’t really matter.
  他们可以是白人、非裔美国人、印度人、中国人或拉美人,这都不重要
  The important thing is that they look at the same problem and bring their own individuality to the solution.
  重要的是,他们面临同样的问题提出各自不同的解决方法。
  Do costs ever come into the creative process? Should they?
  具有创造力的过程是否要花钱?是否应该花钱?
  Absolutely. We are always looking onto the creatice solutions to problems—and solutions that cost less money.
  绝对应该。我们一直在寻找具有创造性且花费更少的解决问题的方案。
  Remember we still run a business; art and commerce go together.
  牢记我们在管理一个企业,艺术与商业要相辅相成。
  I often quote Woody Allen saying, “If show business wasn’t a business, it would be called show show.”
  我经常引用伍迪艾伦的话,“如果电影公司不是一家公司的话,它应该被叫做作秀”。
  Everything we do must not only be creatively responsible but also fiscally responsible, whether we’re talking about an acquisition or a corporate financing or a scene in a movie.
  无论我们讨论的是兼并、融资或者电影里的一个场景,我们所做的任何事情不仅要对创造力负责,还要对财政负责。
  And in the end, the most creative and sound solutions will emerge. Finding a solution is, by definition, a creative act.
  最终,最有创造力且最合理的解决方案将会产生。从本质上讲,寻找解决方案的过程就是创造性的行为。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400779.html