创业成功人士访谈录 第73期:乔恩特克纳我们将为世界带来积极的改变(3)(在线收听

   Have you had any serious discussions with any of the big PC vendors about incorporating your browser with their machines?

  您有没有和一些大型计算机销售商作过认真探讨,把Opera预装到他们的电脑里?
  There hasn’t been too much of that.
  暂时还没有。
  Will that affect Opera’s growth potential?
  这会影响到Opera的增长潜力吗?
  Well, for 10 years we had 30 to 50 percent growth in revenue from the desktop.
  10年来Opera桌面浏览器的增长率一直保持在30%—50%。
  I’m hoping we can increase that and we can also increase our market share.
  我们希望能提高这一增长率,也增加市场份额。
  Our goal was to increase our market share and then be the No. 2 browser on the desktop.
  我们的目标是扩大市场份额,成为桌面浏览器市场上第二大品牌。
  I think that, realistically, being No. 1 on the desktop requires something more dramatic to happen than what has already happened.
  实际上我认为,要想成为第一的话,需要发生比现有的事件更加急剧的转变才有可能。
  How did you choose the name Opera for the company?
  您为什么选择Opera做为公司名字?
  We wanted a short, international name. There’s a lot of hard work that goes into making Opera.
  我们需要一个简洁而又国际化的名字。我们在创立Opera上投入大量工作
  There’s multimedia in Opera and we felt that that is a good combination.
  Opera拥有多媒体特性,我们发现这和Opera的本意“歌剧”是一个很好的结合。
  Later on we actually found out that Opera means work (in Italian), which we also think is correct, because we spend a lot of time tuning the browser.
  后来我们发现在意大利语中 Opera的意思就是工作。我们认为这也符合我们的想法,因为我们在研究浏览器上花了大量的时间和精力。
  Looking ahead, do you see the bulk of your growth coming from Europe, Asia, Africa一in other words, markets outside of the US?
  展望未来,您是否认为Opera未来的主要增长点是在美国之外的市场如欧洲、亚洲和非洲这些地方?
  No, we’re going to grow in the US. It’s just taking a little bit of time. We are setting up to be more aggressive in the United States.
  不,我们将继续在美国发展,这需要一定时间。我们将会在美国更为积极主动
  We’ll be doing things in the United States that will make people notice us more. It takes time.
  提高在美国的知名度,还需要些时间。
  For instance, in the Japanese market we didn’t even have a Japanese version in 2002.
  例如,在2002年时,我们还没有日语版。
  Now we have a very significant brand, which is being used in all the products on the mobile side.
  现在我们有一个很重要的品牌,所有移动设备上的产品都用Opera浏览器。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400787.html