创业成功人士访谈录 第98期:我是仁慈的独裁者(4)(在线收听

   And you actually urge them to shoot as many holes in it as possible,

  同时,我们会要求客户尽量找出其中的漏洞,
  because you’d much rather know before you put in the feature than after.
  因为我们喜欢在实现特性之前了解问题,而不是实现之后。
  So unless a language feature is a complete slam dunk, we tend to make use of those kinds of sounding boards.
  因此,除非一个语言特性是完全清晰的,否则我们都会使用诸如“发声板”之类的办法向用户了解。
  C# doesn’t have checked exceptions.
  C#没有受控异常。
  How did you decide whether or not to put checked exceptions into C#?
  你如何决定C#是否引入受控异常?
  I see two big issues with checked exceptions: scalability and versionability.
  我发现受控异常有两个大问题:扩展性和版本控制。
  I know you’ve written some about checked exceptions too, and you tend to agree with our line of thinking.
  我知道你也写了一些关于受控异常的资料,你应该会同意我的看法。
  I used to think that checked exceptions were really great.
  我过去真的认为受控异常是很好的想法。
  Exactly. Frankly, they look really great up front, and there’s nothing wrong with the idea.
  确实。坦率地说,最开始的时候,它们确实看上去很不错,而且这种想法也没什么问题。
  I completely agree that checked exceptions are a wonderful feature.
  我完全认同受控异常是很好的特性。
  It’s just that particular implementations can be problematic.
  只是某些特性的实现会有问题。
  By implementing checked exceptions the way it’s done in Java, for example,
  比如说,按照Java的方式,
  I think you just take one set of problems and trade them for another set of problems.
  你只是把一堆问题转换成另外一堆问题。
  In the end it’s not clear to me that you actually make life any easier. You just make it different.
  最终,我并不认为你实际上已经把问题简化了,你只是把这些问题换了个样子而已。
  Was there a lot of disagreement in the C# design team about checked exceptions?
  C#设计团队对受控异常有分歧吗?
  No, I think there was fairly broad agreement in our design group.
  没有,我们整个团队达成 了广泛共识。
  C# is basically silent on the checked exceptions issue.
  基本上,我们把受控异 常的问题暂时放置。
  Once a better solution is known—and trust me we continue to think about it—we can go back and actually put something in place.
  一旦找到更好的 解决方案,相信我,我们会继续考虑它,我们会回过头做实事。
  I’m a strong believer that if you don’t have anything right to say, or anything that moves the art forward,
  我坚信,如果没有什么好说的,没有更好的解决方案或路径,
  then you'd better just be completely silent and neutral, as opposed to trying to lay out a framework.
  那么你最好完全保持沉默和中立,而不是去设计框架。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400971.html