木偶奇遇记 第90期:匹诺曹遭威胁(5)(在线收听

   Pinocchio went on crying and moaning and beating his head.

  皮诺乔一个劲地哭着,喊着,敲着脑袋。
  Again and again he called to his little friend, when suddenly he heard heavy steps approaching.
  他一遍又一遍的叫着他可怜朋友的名字,直到突然听见沉重的脚步声走过来。
  He looked up and saw two tall Carabineers near him.
  他抬头一看,是两个高大的火枪手到了面前。
  "What are you doing stretched out on the ground?" they asked Pinocchio. -"I'm helping this schoolfellow of mine."
  “你干吗这么趴在地上?”他们问皮诺乔。-“我在救护我这同学。”
  "Has he fainted?" -"I should say so," said one of the Carabineers, bending to look at Eugene.
  “他晕过去了?”-“好像是的!”一个火枪手说着弯腰把埃乌杰尼奥看了看。
  "This boy has been wounded on the temple. Who has hurt him?"
  “这孩子太阳穴受伤了,谁打伤他的?”
  "Not I," stammered the Marionette, who had hardly a breath left in his whole body.
  “不是我。”木偶结结巴巴地说,身体里只剩下了一口气。
  "If it wasn't you, who was it, then?" -"Not I," repeated Pinocchio.
  “不是你又是谁?”-“不是我。”皮诺乔又说了一遍。
  "And with what was he wounded?"
  “他是被什么东西打伤的?”
  "With this book," and the Marionette picked up the arithmetic text to show it to the officer.
  “被这本书。”木偶拿起算术书给警察看。
  "And whose book is this?" -"Mine."
  “这本书是谁的?”-“是我的。”
  "Enough." -"Not another word! Get up as quickly as you can and come along with us."
  “够了。”-“不用再说别的了。马上起来,跟我们走。”
  "But I--" -"Come with us!"
  “可我……”-“跟我们走!”
  Before starting out, the officers called out to several fishermen passing by in a boat and said to them:
  在走以前,警察叫来几个路过的渔民并对他们说:
  "Take care of this little fellow who has been hurt. Take him home and bind his wounds. Tomorrow we'll come after him."
  “照顾好这受了伤的孩子。你们把他带回家治伤。明天我们再来看他。”
  They then took hold of Pinocchio and, putting him between them, said to him in a rough voice: "March! And go quickly, or it will be the worse for you!"
  然后他们抓住皮诺乔,把他夹在中间,用严厉的口气命令说:“开步走!走快点!不然要你够受的!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/401332.html