新概念英语口语宝典第一册 第158课:谈论八卦新闻(在线收听

   Lesson 138 Rumors

  第138课 传闻
  A:Shall we have lunch together? I've got something to tell you.
  A:我们能一起吃午饭吗?我有一些事要告诉你。
  B:I'm on a diet and I only have two apples for lunch. But what's interesting that you have to tell me?
  B:我正在节食,每顿午饭我只吃两个苹果。但是你有什么有趣的事要告诉我吗。
  A:Did you hear that Miss Wang is going to get married?
  A:你听说王小姐快要结婚了吗?
  B:Really? Who is the lucky groom? Is it Mr. Li? I've seen them together several times.
  B:真的吗?谁是幸运的新郎?是李先生吗?我已经几次看见过他们在一起了。
  A:No, It's Mr. Yang I think.
  A:不,我想新郎是杨先生。
  B:How do you know?
  B:你怎么知道的?
  A:They've kept the matter a secret successfully, but I know nearly everything about it.
  A:他们虽然成功地保守了这个秘密,但我几乎知道这件事的一切。
  B:I didn't see anything unusual. How did you find that out?
  B:我没看出什么不正常的。你怎么发现的?
  A:Haven't you noticed how Miss Wang talks to and looks at Mr. Yang? The way she clears his ashtray and tidies his desk?
  A:难道你没注意到王女士是怎么同杨先生谈话,并用什么样的眼神看他的吗?没注意到她为他倒烟灰缸和整理桌子的方式吗?
  B:Now that you mention it. I guess she does treat him kind of special. But she treats everyone in the same way and that's nothing unusual. It's part of her kind and tender-hearted nature.
  B:既然你提到了,我猜想她对待杨先生是有些特殊。但是她对每一个人都一样,没有什么异常的。那是她和蔼友善天性的一部分。
  A:Do you think she's going to be all that kind and tender-hearted after the wedding?
  A:你认为婚后她仍旧会那么和蔼友善地待人吗?
  B:Why not?
  B:为什么不?
  A:Living with Mr. Yang is going to be very hard. He's the biggest slob I've ever known.
  A:同杨先生生活在一起将非常累。他是我所遇到的人中最懒的一个。
  B:The marriage will change him. I think. Every man will if he can marry a girl like Miss Wang.
  B:我想婚姻将会改变他。无论哪个男人,如果要到像王小姐这样的女孩子的话,都会变的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xgnkybd1/406099.html